Purcell comm center

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

Purcell comm center has been hanging out on 61712 for PD and 61744 FD?? Anyone know if this some temporary patch?

fast2okc

Database Admin
Purcell was assigned a digital talkgroup for Police Dispatch. Since they are a considerable distance from the nearest repeater, they have been having trouble with hand-held coverage. For a while, they used and RMA channel for dispatch and they found they had better coverage on an analog channel. I believe 61712 is Purcell's analog talkgroup assignment for police.
Likewise, Wadley's Ambulance was assigned a digital talkgroup. I think 61744 is their analog assignment.
Purcell Fire is already analog on Talkgroup 58928.
Of course, this could all be temporary.

--fast2okc

n5bew1

Purcell was assigned a digital talkgroup for Police Dispatch. Since they are a considerable distance from the nearest repeater, they have been having trouble with hand-held coverage. For a while, they used and RMA channel for dispatch and they found they had better coverage on an analog channel. I believe 61712 is Purcell's analog talkgroup assignment for police.
Likewise, Wadley's Ambulance was assigned a digital talkgroup. I think 61744 is their analog assignment.
Purcell Fire is already analog on Talkgroup 58928.
Of course, this could all be temporary.

--fast2okc
OK that makes sense. The Lexington site is about 10 to 12 miles east of Purcell depending on the part of town you're in and in the low spots of town I can see the hand held problems.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.