BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Purchase DMR code for BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a 2nd BCD436HP which does not have the DMR enabled ...
Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase this feature?

2ND ... can I use both the radios on the Sentinal software without erasing any of my saved Favorite Lists?

Thanks

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Did whomever or wherever you purchased the 2nd scanner from, told you it was DMR enabled?

Second question, yes, Sentinel can be used to program the second radio, although, if you want it programmed differently from your first BCD436HP, you need to create a different profile and be mindful of that, whenever you connect either scanner to your PC and use sentinel because Sentinel does not detect different profiles.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
To purchase another DMR key for your second BCD436HP, you need to have an account with my.uniden.com, register the 2nd scanner there, and then follow the steps to purchase a DMR key.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
2nd ... with a 2nd scanner on the same Sentinel software, is there anything I should know so I don't delete any of the information I already have saved from my 1st scanner?
Thanks
You can save two separate Sentinel profiles, one for 436HP-A and 436HP-B. Simply choose File > Save As. Create a new profile for each scanner. Just make sure you don't accidentally write one to the other. Might be worth creating a backup of one to a separate SD card you can fall back on if needed

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
CAUTION:
Favorite lists are the SAME.
Only profiles can be different for each scanner - and saved.
If you make changes, the old 436's favorites are gone/overwritten.

You need to save the old hpe files before you make ANY changes, or you will loose all of the old favorite info

Valeriy

From overseas I have been able to purchase the Uniden DMR Software Upgrade Key thanks to the support of ZipScanners
(Bearcat Warehouse never replied to my email, Scannermaster doesn't even accept emails from outside the US).
If you are based in the US or Canada instead, you can purchase it directly from the Uniden site, of course.

Last edited:

dougjgray

If you want different list on each scanner you can create a profile for each and in the profile select what favorite list to download on each scanner

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber

2ND ... can I use both the radios on the Sentinal software without erasing any of my saved Favorite Lists?

Thanks
Quick Update ...

On the 1st question I was able to purchase the DMR software code for Sentinal software ... now I have the DMR feature installed.

As for my 2nd question ref using the software to duplicate the favorite lists on my newly purchased 2nd BCD436HP scanner.
I purchased this scanner from my buddy who has done the "Restore Options" and "Clear User Data"
I have made another profile in the software for the "BCD436HP-2"

I've connected the scanner to the computer and tried the "Write to Scanner" feature ...
But nothing was transferred across ...
Does anyone have a few pointers and in what order I should try programming my 2nd scanner without deteating previously saved data?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.