Purchase Suggestion (For You!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEvil

I've got my little setup going right now but wanted to dedicate another of my 996Xts for streaming the LAPD K9/HotShot to you wonderful friends of mine here. I'm thinking about getting a desktop just for LA City/and County Fire etc and since they're not digital I probably don't need to go with a 996XT right? I wanna stay in the uniden family and go with a great quality one but the main goal here is to leave it on the fire dispatches etc.... I keep one of my 396XTs for changing around based on whats going down and the other is in the car so let's leave them out of this for now.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
My only reservation would be the sound quality, but with an internet feed I wouldn't be too worried about it. :D

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I've got my little setup going right now but wanted to dedicate another of my 996Xts for streaming the LAPD K9/HotShot to you wonderful friends of mine here. I'm thinking about getting a desktop just for LA City/and County Fire etc and since they're not digital I probably don't need to go with a 996XT right? I wanna stay in the uniden family and go with a great quality one but the main goal here is to leave it on the fire dispatches etc.... I keep one of my 396XTs for changing around based on whats going down and the other is in the car so let's leave them out of this for now.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds like a good application for the BC15xl to me. That would look right at home with your 996's. ;)

-AZ

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Careful about LAFD (City, not County)

While many will argue that they are full of <bleep> in their claims, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money in court, consider what you'll do if they contact you with a 'desist' letter.

LAFD does not 'allow' streaming of their audio, and claims they will prosecute.

LAFD - Live Audio from the Los Angeles Fire Department

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Heck,
I can say that I appreciate any feed you (and every other feed provider) put up. :cool:
Even though I am on the other side of the US I still love dialing up you west coast folks and see what is happenin' 3-4 hours into the past! :D
Thanks!
Happy Monitoring (and Feeding!)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.