purchased a 125AT this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon. Purchased a 125 this morning. In reading the reviews, I see some folks are having problems with programming it. Is it fairly simple to program with a computer. What is the suggested software. It says it has software included. I have chirp, win 500, win 95. The programming cable comes with it from what I have read. Any info is very well appreciated.

John
KB4OIF

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Thanks UPMan. Have already downloaded the software. Yes. i did mean AT. It will not arrive till the 23rd of June. Seems like a nice scanner. One of my old ones died and I am just replacing it. We are still analog here in Okaloosa county so it fits my needs at present.

John

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What version of Windows? Most recent versions will open zip files natively w/o any 3rd party software. Try right clicking on the downloaded file, then the 3rd item in the popup menu should be "Extract all...".

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Can you clarify "or something like that." Precise error messages can be investigated.

You might also try "Open With" and select the "Windows Explorer" icon from the list of programs (folder icon).

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Windows 7 OS. When i right click on the file in my downloads, it does nothing.

That doesn't sound kosher. Something wrong with your copy of Windows?

Click on Start, then type in "activate windows" in the search box. That'll let you know if your copy of Windows is genuine or not.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Ok. My desktop is possessed. Downloaded the software with no problems onto my laptop. Will be loading the local frequencies into it tonight. Scanner will be here monday.

John
KB4OIF

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Got the program set up with the local frequencies. Neither one of my computers will recognize the cable that came in the box. Says could not find the drivers. Tried every way I could think of to get them to install with no luck. My laptop in a HP Win 7 version. Am i correct before anything will work on the software, the cable drivers have to be installed??? Anyone having this type of problem?????

John
KB4OIF

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Cable drivers not found

Can't get my cable drivers to be recognized by either of my computers. Both are windows 7. Desktop is a Dell and the laptop is a HP. All i get is a text file when I try to dowload it.

John

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What driver(s) are you trying to download? From what site? For what cable/chip set?

More information needed...Mike

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike. I purchased a Scanner BC 125AT. The cable that came with it is not recognized by either of my computers. Both are windows 7. I did get the programming software to load on my laptop but it will not read or write to the radio. will not pickup the com port ect. It's from the uniden site. My desktop will do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.