Purchased a Uniden BCD996P2, only hearing dispatches...?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Where did you buy it and who programmed it ? I have a Home Patrol 2 and it works fine , I am trying to get a 996P2 in place of it , let me know if your interested. In swapping. I am sur i can help you out checking it out .
That's the problem with simulcast distortion. While your location is good, his is not. Swapping out will prove nothing on those two non simulcast capable scanners. If you read further down the list, you'll see he got an SDS and has seen a night and day improvement. Hence it's been the simulcast all along.

derekjl

Premium Subscriber
Where did you buy it and who programmed it ? I have a Home Patrol 2 and it works fine , I am trying to get a 996P2 in place of it , let me know if your interested. In swapping. I am sur i can help you out checking it out .

Sorry, I have already returned it. Good luck!

derekjl

Premium Subscriber
That's the problem with simulcast distortion. While your location is good, his is not. Swapping out will prove nothing on those two non simulcast capable scanners. If you read further down the list, you'll see he got an SDS and has seen a night and day improvement. Hence it's been the simulcast all along.

This is correct. The difference is staggering. I have the SDS100 in the same location and countertop as the BCD I had, can't even compare the two.