• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Purchased F43GS and CS-F33G software and have no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnonF

I purchased a F43GS and CS-F33G software and cable, radio was programmed. I would like to program the radio to use the 4 buttons with different scans. The radio was programmed with specificc channels those settings do no appear in the software anywhere.

I want to set scan one to scan a number of channels and scan 2 to scan others. I ran the software but cannot find how to do this. Does anyone have a manual for this software or instructions on how to do it?

stevelton

What you are wanting cannot be done.
With this radio, only one button will be the scan button. Once you set-up the file to have the channels you want in each scan list, program that to the radio. Now when you turn the radio on, while it is not scanning, press and hold down the scan button. this will let you access the scan lists you have set up. use the up/down buttons to find the scan list you want to scan, press the scan button again to set that list as the one you will now scan. Press the scan button once again to start scanning. Then, use the other 3 buttons for something else.
Steven

RonnonF

When I did this I got the following schoices and do not know what they mean: pri scan, scan 2, scan 1, pr sc rv, pri scan? I need to program the scans again. Is there a booklet that tell me how and what can be programmed into this radio? You mentioned setting the 3 for other features, don't know what the other features be?

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
Change the scan mode for each scan bank, I believe that is what you wanna do.

stevelton

There are no how to booklets out there that I know of. But, I think the help menu that comes with the Icom software is pretty good.

Under scan list, you should see where list 1-10 are. Name each scan list how you want it to be identified.
If I were you, just to start until you get the software figured out, set all of them to Normal Scan, and let the rest of the options there go to their default setting.

Then when you are programming in frequencies, on the channel line, scroll over to the right and you will see the area for scan list. Double click and it will let you check mark that channel to which ever scan list you want it in. Do this for every channel in the radio.

Now, under the common folder, key & display, make P0 scan A start/stop, make P1 Tag, make P2 Priority(rewrite), and make P3 lock.
The Side 2/3 keys should be set for bank up/down, and Side 1 should be Moni.
Leave the red emergency key null.
Steven

rescuecomm

I usually set the red button for low/high power. P0 is scan/scan select, P1 is scan channel add/delete, P2 is bank select, and P3 is talk around. Side one is lock, with side 2/3 being bank up/down.

If you make P0 the scan button, holding it down for 2 seconds will allow you to select the scan group.

Bob

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
I usually set the red button for low/high power. P0 is scan/scan select, P1 is scan channel add/delete, P2 is bank select, and P3 is talk around. Side one is lock, with side 2/3 being bank up/down.

If you make P0 the scan button, holding it down for 2 seconds will allow you to select the scan group.

Bob

Hey, what do you think of your F33g, I've had mine for a year and like it but lately the it hasn't been as sensitive as it was when I got it, does yours do that? Also what do you think of the audio on yours, do you use the compander feature?

stevelton

have had my f33gt for over a year now, and it has been through bumps and drops so many times working on our counties EMA. have not had any issues with the radio. I dont use compander, and te audio seems pretty good.

Steven

RayAir

I use the same radios. I got mine set up like this:
P0- low/high power
P1- ? (hold it to lock radio settings)
P2- voice encryption (defaults to on)
P3- scan
Red button- hold for light, squelch and beep options.

RonnonF

The members of my department are big fans of Motorola and the ex600s. I purchased this radio because I heard good things, price and because to be honest your blog posts. I have the following configured for my buttons:
P0- Scan A
P1- Scan B
P2- Scan Add/Delete
P3- Bank
Monitor = Moni
Emergency = Lock

How do you set red button for the light? I got 3 different Scans configured, how do I cycle between them? How do I know that they are on and working...? Can you send me your PM? Is there a way that I can send you my icf file to look at for feedback and suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.