Purchased Software not Subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadster53

I purchased software for my RS Pro-164 scanner with pay/pal and I have purchased the wrong item. The problem is I already bought the USB scanner programming cable with trial software CD from Radio Shack a while ago. I would be so grateful if I could purchase the yearly subscription instead of the software I am returning back to this website after some years of obscene.

Thank you for your help.

K4EET

Chaplain
I purchased software for my RS Pro-164 scanner with pay/pal and I have purchased the wrong item. The problem is I already bought the USB scanner programming cable with trial software CD from Radio Shack a while ago. I would be so grateful if I could purchase the yearly subscription instead of the software I am returning back to this website after some years of obscene.

Thank you for your help.
Specifically, what software did you purchase that you want to return?

Also, Welcome to Radio Reference!

cadster53

Not sure, I was emailed two keys to use in the program. The same program from the CD is running and it the original software.

Thank you

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Thank you for your help.

If you are looking to purchase the Premium subscription to Radio Reference services, click on this link:

ScubaJungle

1. If youre trying to reach radioreference support, try emailing them, this is the public forum.
2. Nobody has any clue what you're talking about. You have to be a lot more specific - this is a public forum and if you want a good answer, reference what you are referring to. What is "the program," and what software are you referring to? Theres a lot of software and programs out there, and nobody here can read your emails.

From what I can put together, it sounds like you either got a fake email/scam, or you bought something totally unrelated to RR.
Post the email you got, as well as what you are talking about, and you'll get a lot more useful help

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Radioreference support, try emailing them, this is the public forum.

What Supports What email?

It's still very unclear what you are asking, or exactly what you are trying to do.

If you are unable to supply any more detail, there's not much else we can help you with.

Here are the support contacts for Radio Reference:

K4EET

Chaplain
@cadster53, just a guess on my part because I am disabled / physically challenged. If you have a disability and need assistance in any way, please let me know either here or privately via Private Message (PM). We are trying to help you but just do not understand what you have in the way of software now and what you want to do with whatever you have. I do believe that you may be interested in purchasing a subscription to Radio Reference with the refund that you hope to receive from whatever you have now. So please, take your time and try to thoroughly explain the situation with all of the details so we can try to help you.

n5ims

Look at this page from the RadioReference.com site --> Help Desk For RadioReference < -- that has various support issues detailed. Pick the correct one and they should be able to help you out. You might also try starting out with this Wiki article since it appears to be the closest match to your situation --> Radio Shack Scanner Programming Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki <--

Be aware of some details though, it may help. First off, nearly all of the programming software is a one-time purchase and will not require any type of renewal. Secondly, the software generally also requires a premium subscription to RadioReference.com for you to use it to download things from the site (you can, however, use the database to find the frequencies, etc. for you to manually enter into that software) and allow you to then program your radio. Some of the software will include a limited time (often 30 days) prepaid subscription that allows you to download from the database. Since you indicated that you got the software "a while ago", no doubt that this has expired.

Many folks on these forums are able and willing to help, but you will need to provide them with some information so they can do so. One of the primary things that will allow them to help out is to provide the exact name and version of the software that you have and the OS of the computer you're using to run it (XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, etc.). Some examples of scanner programming software might be those from StarrSoft (Win-500, Win-95, etc.), Butel (ARC-300, ARC-500, etc.), and the PSREdit series. Often this can be found on the Menu under Help, likely under About. For example, for my Win-500 this shows Win500 V01.94, showing I use Win-500 version 1.94.

Status
Not open for further replies.