purchasing a new squelch pot for 796 uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

satob1

hi everyone, i have a uniden 796 here i purchased from a friend in canada it has a broken squelch control knob but doesnt seem to affect the operation of it so far. i knew the squelch pot was broken but i thought id just replace it anyway .im chasing a squelch control pot for it to buy, i assume id have to buy it from uniden usa as this scanner wasnt sold in australia at all.im wondering if its a big job to replace the squelch control knob like for a technician or could i replace it myself ,i also need the plastic knob itself as it wasnt with the scanner when i purchased around 1 week ago .any info appreciated and emails or pms welcome ,thanks hamguy1 nsw australia .

n2mdk

If you can get one or find another type that fits, as long as the post is there it simply pushes on.

palo1

Not trying to be funny, but how exactly do you know that its broken?

p

satob1

the squelch knob is broken off

hi the scanner works excellent the squelch knob i knew about when i bought it ,the sqeulch knob was bent someone with a pair of pliers tried to straighten it but they broke it even the plastic knobs missing, i was wondering will i have to replace the volumn pot to or is the squelch control a seperate knob to the volume knob .ive replaced and even a few ssb radios with a volume squelch like say the president p300 ssb am cb has the same thing as well as the ax144 or ar144ssb and am cb has the same volume and squelch set up to !,can anyone tell me if uniden usa would stock the volume knob and squelch knob in spare parts or what would be the go,thanks satob1 nsw australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.