Purdue Airport & Pilot Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFox

123.45 - is common pilot -to- pilot comms

Several senior students are on dis'ing undergrads and their abilities to fly. Also they were complaining about a plane in their pattern so they shifted to the south and was watching fireworks. Very entertaining (and colorful language) seeing as this is the first night that I have heard them on comms. Anyone else listen to the student pilots?

There was also a fight on a plane earlier. Not sure what frequency or airport but it was an elderly gent that was causing a fight. I only caught one side of it so I'm thinking it was Indy Airport.

Go-24

Cool, Ill add that, I was using the system from the db and was mostly hearing traffic on 119.60000 CTAF/TOWER.

I do some times when Im board do a search on the air band - hear lots of distant traffic on it.

WOW, the traffic doesnt seem very professional; youd think that they would want to keep it a bit more serious.

F this and F that - LORD! I'm Smoking Pot up here - WTF? Its fine to have fun but damn not when your supposed to be a student learning to fly. No wonder so many of them end up crashing!

Last edited:

Go-24

That's an understatement.

Yes its been a learning experience for sure, but fun? Not when they are flying over my house 10+ times and counting. hahaha!

Thanks for the channel tip ;)

NightFox

i haven't went outside to see if i can spot them yet. I'm on the SE side near Concord & CR450S, I don't think they head over this way very often. They did do a barrel-roll earlier...lol

Go-24

Ahh youre in my old neck of the woods, nope they dont make it that far out very often. They mostly just go round and round in circles in the general area of the airport.

Barrel-rolls huh? I just heard them talking about trying another loop-to-loop but assumed they were joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.