Purdue Football Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9GTJ

So since I will be over at Purdue shooting several football games this year, can anyone tell me any good frequencies to listen? Naturally I will have Close Call going on my 330T.

I will of couse be programming many items from the DB has listed.

Go-24

Maybe Kinda late - but remember it for next game. They are using the EVENT channels in the Tippecanoe System 1 - thus far I havent heard them on anything else. Also heard ISP on ISP-14-OPS1 - that might be their copter?

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes, the Event channels, TEMA, etc. on System-1, and SAFE-T West Lafayette, for the Tippecanoe County State backup talkgroups, and "Copter 1", were all active. Occasional digital I-calls on Tippicanoe System-1.

K9GTJ

I heard a fair amount of traffic on the "event" channels. The sheriff was next to me on the sound end zone and his Motorola was on Event-1. I don't know if he noticed I had a scanner but I had it out a couple of times. (I usually kept it in my pocket.)

When I was searched entering the press gate, the only concern was my 3/4 full water bottle. I can bring in a sealed (full) bottle or an empty. The didn't give my scanner a second glance.

I didn't pick up anything on close call but the local radio station link. I did see some Purdue trainers for the team with bubble pack FRS/GMRS radios on their belts when they zipped past me. Overall it was pretty routine radio traffic. There were a couple of underage drinking busts but not much else.

(How much traffic is digital? (I am just curious since I don't have a digital hand held.))

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Not much digital, only ocassional I-Calls, and encrypted, on Tippicanoe System 1.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'll be on the sidelines for the Minnesota game, I didn't pick anything up on close call last year.

K9GTJ

rdale said:
I'll be on the sidelines for the Minnesota game, I didn't pick anything up on close call last year.

It was a great game Sunday...

ISU.PU.1a.jpg

ISU.PU.2a.jpg

ISU.PU.3a.jpg

ISU.PU.4a.jpg

ISU.PU.5a.jpg

ISU.PU.6a.jpg

ISU.PU.7a.jpg

ISU.PU.8a.jpg

ISU.PU.9a.jpg

ISU.PU.10a.jpg

ISU.PU.11a.jpg

ISU.PU.12a.jpg

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Beautiful pictures!

The uniforms were Rose Bowl throwbacks, not permanent...

Status
Not open for further replies.