pure copper line antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcb4ep

if i take pure copper cable r6 and strip off the plastic, is it possible to run it from a high location to my radio by putting on a bct connector for the rear of the radio? i dont have the funds right now to buy a worthy atenna at the moment, so looking to use what i have at my disposal

zz0468

QRT
Banned
It's less than optimal, but it'll bring in signals. You'll have to strip off more than the plastic, strip off the outer shielding, and leave the plastic on the center conductor. Don't strip off too much. About a foot and a half is a good compromise.

tcb4ep

re copper antenna

It's less than optimal, but it'll bring in signals. You'll have to strip off more than the plastic, strip off the outer shielding, and leave the plastic on the center conductor. Don't strip off too much. About a foot and a half is a good compromise.

i have two old digital dishs on my roof, i was considering, to wrap the cord around one of them and running the line from the roof to my window which is on the same side downward in back of the house.

thank you for your reply..

tcb4ep

If you have a frequency that could come in from any direction (like a tactical or surveillance channel), this has possibilities.

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=12968

These things are pretty narrowbanded.

i live in a small town the only tactical thing we have here is a sheriff's hostage negotiator. tulsa has a tact team, i have the pateints to listen channel by channel to find the hidden treasures..

Status
Not open for further replies.