Pursuit CPS/Cochrane RCMP - Stolen Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Happening right now on RCMP A15 (154.83 t123.0) ... came out of the city on Township 244 (Springbank Road/Old Banff Coach Road), northbound on 22, eastbound again on 1 towards Calgary, speeds between 120 and 160 kph. RCMP 2A20 and 2A47 in pursuit, HAWC1 overhead. CPS intends to not continue pursuit inside the city limits. Now at Old Banff Coach Road x Hwy 1.

Jay911

Feed Provider
HAWC1 on CPS A3 (753f) breaking off by order of CPS supervisory staff.. veh still eastbound on 1 east of OBC, 150kph+. Pursuit terminated just west of Stoney Trail due to entering city limits.

RolnCode3

WAAAYYYY outside my listening area, but couldn't tell.

Was an RCMP car stolen and they were chasing it?
Or was RCMP chasing a stolen car?

Just curious.

Jay911

Feed Provider
My bad, I was posting at 2am and had been woken up by the scanner. Wasn't thinking clearly. :)

Mounties (RCMP) picked up on a vehicle that HAWC1 (the city police helicopter) had flushed out of the city. It was bearing stolen plates and the truck itself was likely stolen as well. As soon as he saw the RCMP parked on the side of the rural road, he punched it. RCMP gave pursuit pretty much right away, with the city police airship still above observing. Stolen truck turned back towards the city and was last seen driving up the in-city bypass road. Mounties called it off when they re-entered the city; city police have a policy of no-pursuits and let their helicopter follow and call out the subject's direction and actions.

I lost the radio coverage once they re-entered the city - I can't reliably pick up their trunk system from out here in the rural area.

Status
Not open for further replies.