Pursuit in Sac. Car in River

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanman6

Caught some sort of pursuit. Suspect Car in Sac River. Search underway around Miller Park. Occured about 30 ago. Traffic on 60400. Fireboats involved. Air-1, Star-7 and CHP Helo working.

Fire ops on 59408

Would like to stay up and listen/report, but I got an early morning. CHP seems to think the suspect made it to shore. Fire proceeding with search ops. .

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring this from the start. There are also "wires down" at the scene. They asked the fire dept to come to Sac PD ch 4, but I have not heard them there. They've had 2 helicopters on scene, one from Sac and H20 from the CHP; but then one left the scene at least for a bit. They've got West Sac involved as they're concerned that suspects in the car swam to that shore. Not a lot of radio traffic at the moment. Sounds intense at the scene.

Scanman6

I picked it up about the time the vehicle went in. I live downtown so I went out on my porch and shot some video of the helos. Star was on scene then CHP, I think then air1. Am recording also. Seems as though the vehicle drove right doewn the levy road and into the river ar the south roundabout. Fire is recovering the truck with divers.

0027 - divers have found no person in car as of yet. Driver's side clear, trouble getting to passanger side. Attempting rear door access. H24 has cleared north.

Air-1 looking to clear to south county. Looks more like a fire op now. I'm gonna turn in. The new may never sleep, but we working stiffs gotta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.