Pursuit on American River Parkway trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacscan

Park rangers TG 49232 Sacramento. Pursuit of dirt bike on bike trail westbound towards Del Paso. Speeds 65 mph. Suspect running bicyclists off the trail.
UPDATE 3:43 PM: In custody at Campus Commons. Ranger 22, 25, and 26 10-97.

Last edited:

RolnCode3

Was wondering if anyone heard us. I totally crunched my pushbumper driving off the levee after 25 said he had the guy proned out. Turn an infraction ticket into a felony arrest. Got to love it.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
i am surprised flies hitting the push bumper doesnt crush it :)

it doesnt take much - if its done like chp - its only 2 bolts holding the assembly in place (for any kind of real support )

RolnCode3

i am surprised flies hitting the push bumper doesnt crush it :)

it doesnt take much - if its done like chp - its only 2 bolts holding the assembly in place (for any kind of real support )
Pretty much. Two bolts on the bottom and two up top. It all just folds up under pressure. Plus, most of it is aluminum. Adios $200 piece of equipment. Plus the 2 hours it took me to install it.

RolnCode3

Park rangers TG 49232 Sacramento. Pursuit of dirt bike on bike trail westbound towards Del Paso. Speeds 65 mph. Suspect running bicyclists off the trail.
UPDATE 3:43 PM: In custody at Campus Commons. Ranger 22, 25, and 26 10-97.
Also FYI, there's no Ranger 22. When we say '22', it's shorthand for our dispatcher (control 22). Everything else spot on.

kma371

QRT
Was wondering if anyone heard us. I totally crunched my pushbumper driving off the levee after 25 said he had the guy proned out. Turn an infraction ticket into a felony arrest. Got to love it.

Yeah saw your pics! You should have ran over the bike "Bigfoot" style! haha

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I heard this pursuit. I was sitting here and heard it start, reached over to lock the scanner on that TG and was shocked to see which TG it was on. It was unlike most pursuits I hear but glad it ended in 10-15.

sacscan

Also FYI, there's no Ranger 22. When we say '22', it's shorthand for our dispatcher (control 22). Everything else spot on.
Thanks :). I'll remember that for the next unusual call I hear. Park rangers can have some interesting calls, like the "mountain lion took a backpack" one I heard on State Parks earlier this year.
Yeah saw your pics! You should have ran over the bike "Bigfoot" style! haha
Where? I wanna see!

roma

Premium Subscriber
Roln, I heard it, too. Was just parking my car off Hazel Ave to ride my bike around Lake Natoma (glad you all were heading the OTHER way). Sounded like the bad guy was really endangering folks out there and fully deserves the felony. Thanks for taking him off the streets (and bike trail, and levee...)! Nice to get SPD in on it, too, to further limit the guy's options.

Status
Not open for further replies.