Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Last night I heard a pursuit that started in Norwich and ended up in New London. CSPERN, Troop E dispatch and the hotline: 45.86 were all patched together. The patch to E Dispatch audio was horrible. CSPERN was decent and 45.86 was the best out of the 3, loud and clear. Maybe someone else has but I've never heard all 3 of those channels being patched together like that. Was pretty cool to hear.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I didnt realize they used 45.86 in that area. I have heard Troops patch different towns, DOT in but not the combination you mentioned at least in the Hartford Area. What's even more amazing they did all of that from Combined Communication Disp Center in Tolland.

coolrich55

Yes 45.86 is still in use down here. Has been since at least when I got my first scanner 25 years ago. Last I knew roll call was still done by Groton town at 4am daily. Mostly for town to town or troop to town these days. Back when csp was low band they would use it for troop to troop also.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
yes thanks i don't have a low band antenna for the scanner anymore. i listen to CSP Hotline on the Hartford Police TG 15-156 so I do get all the Greater Hartford Action.

coolrich55

I know for sure that it was Troop E that started the patch between E dispatch and CSPERN as they made an announcement for that. The 45.86 patch was turned on later in the incident, can't say for sure who turned that on. The vehicle pursuit ended up a foot pursuit in New London. The Norwich officer was the main person giving out locations on the radio but as soon as he called out foot pursuit he was not heard from again. I would assume that he didn't have time to switch the portable to CSPERN when he jumped out of his car. That's if his portable has CSPERN in it.

kmacinct

Norwich Police must have patched the low band mobile into CSPERN....
"E" (D-E-C-K) then could have patched CSPERN to the "E" Channel, and as you said someone else patched the hotline into it.

The Norwich officer would have pretty good access to Norwich Dispatch from his vehicle down in New London - but would be lost when he got out and had his VHF Portable Radio.
Still a HUGE point of failure in these interop efforts......

However, KUDOS to those dispatchers, patching the RIGHT groups together - doesnt happen often - I'd like to know who was working and thinking outside the box!!
In theory and planning - it should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.