Put in Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert43055

Does anyone know if Put in Bay Police is on Marcs full time or do they still use low band frequency, also what channel is Put in Bay Fire/ems on is it dispatch by the county ?

kb8wna

Most of Ottawa county including Put In Bay use the Parma/Medina/Ottawa system which is a phase 2 system.

Premium Subscriber
Put in Bay 99% of the time uses their VHF frequency 158.835. Occasionally they will contact Ottawa County to run a driving record. Fire and EMS is also on VHF 156.240. The county will tone out fire/EMS if they receive the 911 call. They have never been on MARCS.

budevans

Does anyone know if Put in Bay Police is on Marcs full time or do they still use low band frequency, also what channel is Put in Bay Fire/ems on is it dispatch by the county ?

Since two members have offered differing posts. I'd suggest that you setup both the Conventional VHF Freq's and also the Ottawa County Harris (Parma based) P25 system.

Here's a link to the Ottawa County Harris P25: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5133

Here's a picture of the Harris P25 listing;
OttawaCnty.png

Robert43055

Put in Bay 99% of the time uses their VHF frequency 158.835. Occasionally they will contact Ottawa County to run a driving record. Fire and EMS is also on VHF 156.240. The county will tone out fire/EMS if they receive the 911 call. They have never been on MARCS.

Yeah last time I was up there was a few years ago and they were on VHF I didn’t know if they switched over to MARCS or not.

wd8chl

I would not expect them to use MARCS. Coverage out there is horrible. I don't even think there is a MARCS site actually in Ottawa Co. I think the closest is just over the border into Sandusky Co, and one in Erie Co, pretty sure Castalia. That's not going to work on the islands. The Ottawa Co system had some weak areas out there, and they have a site in Lakeside, near the water. So getting MARCS to work from ~10 miles further away is ludicrous.

Premium Subscriber
There is a site in Oak Harbor
Allow me to clarify, the two MARCS sites covering the Islands are Castalia in Erie County and Oak Harbor in Ottawa County. It is not unusual for the Cuyahoga Simulcast to pick up units in the Islands area. All depends where you are. I have no experience with Ottawa County's Harris System coverage on Middle Bass or North Bass Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.