Putnam Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWH100

QRT
Does anybody have any frequencies and PL tones for Day Kimball hospital in Putnam, CT ?? I am looking for frequencies, for example when the hospital communicates with Lifestar, QV, and ambulances.
Also, this week on or about the 15th of August, Monday or Tuesday night I heard that a truck ran into some bleachers at a park. They called for about 8 ambulances, 2 helicopters and help from nearby towns. I couldn't find out what town this happened in, but it must have been a town near Putnam because the scanner was coming in very clear. Anybody know what town this happened in ? What frequencies did you listen to when this was happening ? I heard alot on QV frequencies, but I think I missed alot of other talk because I didn't have the right frequencies plugged in.
Thanks for the info: Awh100

KB1MZR

Most communications between those agencies take place on local dispatch or C-Med frequencies. They are listed in the database. They may also take place on the statewide mednet frequency.

pcfn360

The incident you are speaking of might have been what I caught parts of on Tuesday night.

I think it happened down in or near New London Cty. I heard alot of activity on the QVEC UHF 33.880, etc, system as well as LIFESTAR on thier norma; VHF frequency.

Not sure what town this happened in but I live up near Worcester,MA and heard alot of activity on the QV system that night.

QV also has alot of UHF-Hi freqs that communicate on while on scene but not repeated on the main system.

Try this site for more info..or maybe you've already seen the site:

http://www.scancapecod.us/wiki/index.php/Quinebaug_Valley_Region

Hope it helps.
Ed

cg

Premium Subscriber
I see nothing on the CT media sites. It is a good possibility that since it was Tuesday night, it could be a fire department drill. Monday and Tuesday seems to be busy drill nights.

cg

lynskey85

Feed Provider
It was in fact tuesday night. And it was in fact a drill. I was the person you were hearing...thrown last minute into the position of "dispatcher". This was held in Woodstock. The calls for ambulances and helicopters were not actually made. The incident was done in real time meaning that all participating apparatus were stage a short distance away and did not respond until enough time had elapsed that they normally would have responded. "QV" was not actually involved with this as it was just a local scale drill. Even though you heard QV mentioned it was simply what I was being referred to while sitting in a truck at the "scene."

No activity on the lowband frequencies. All communications took place on UHF5, UHF6, and UHF7 which I do not know the corresponding frequencies.

AWH100

QRT
Thanks guys for the info. That's why I didn't see anything in the papers or news. I would of thought something like that would have made the news. Guess I missed the first few minutes of it and didn't know it was just a drill, I'm sure they must have announced it at the begining of the drill.
AWH100

Status
Not open for further replies.