Putnam County Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Rogers

I am new at this, please bare with me. Could someone please post the information that is need to program a scanner (digital) and also the information that is needed to program a Motorola Turbo radio or any other radio that will except the digital frequency format for basic receive only (Scanning Only). Thank you in advance...

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Since there are so many different digital scanners & TRBO radios out there there is no way to answer your post without specifically knowing what scanner or radio you have or what you exactly want programmed.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

http://forums.radioreference.com/tennessee-radio-discussion-forum/233261-putnam-county-so.html

We are not encrypting except for "In Progress" calls. We have three repeaters site connected. Here's the info:

Brother Mtn:
Repeater TX: 155.655
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

Cookeville:
Repeater TX: 151.0325
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

Gentry (West Putnam Co)
Repeater TX: 155.265
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

Our VHF interop frequencies for now will be the State/Fed VTAC/VCALL (Simplex) channels and our regional Mutual Aid repeaters (154.755 TPL 100.0) As far as bridging into any State networks we are all for it if funds are available. Problem is if funds were available we would be P25 not Trbo.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks 776. I was on my phone when I replied and couldn't get to that post. I knew it was there, just couldn't locate it.

To Jose_Rogers, if you will let us know what digital scanner you have we can help you get it programmed for this area.

Most of the non-TRBO frequencies (the ones listed as FM or FMN) are not digital and should be able to be heard with a scanner.

Jose_Rogers

I am still a little confused on buying a scanner for digital modes ( Type etc...) or buying a Moto TRBO radio and have it set up for receive only. If i go TRBO, I would like to add the MURS frequency ( only 5 of them and set to low power). In the long run, I really want to go the Trbo route. But what about programming issues. I would have to have an authorized dealer to program $$$.
At this point, I really want to go with the TRBO, but the problem also could be once i buy the radio what if I can not get it programmed????

Dozer295

I am still a little confused on buying a scanner for digital modes ( Type etc...) or buying a Moto TRBO radio and have it set up for receive only. If i go TRBO, I would like to add the MURS frequency ( only 5 of them and set to low power). In the long run, I really want to go the Trbo route. But what about programming issues. I would have to have an authorized dealer to program $$$.
At this point, I really want to go with the TRBO, but the problem also could be once i buy the radio what if I can not get it programmed????

There is a Motorola radio dealer in Cookeville called Wireless Solutions their address is 216 W Spring St, Cookeville, TN 38501. Their phone number is (931) 528-7070, you might want to check them out and find out what the programing fees are and what they will or will not program for you. Mike is the name of their main programmer and he is the one who goes out and programs most of the surrounding counties radios. He is a pretty good guy and hasn't steered me wrong with questions in the past.

Last edited:

Jose_Rogers

In an earlier post, I know what the Repeater Receive and TX frequencies are and how they are used in old analog programming but in reference to digital what does the rest of this mean and how is entered in a scanner and also an example how it would be used in Motorola programming? Thanks in advance.
Cookeville:
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
In an earlier post, I know what the Repeater Receive and TX frequencies are and how they are used in old analog programming but in reference to digital what does the rest of this mean and how is entered in a scanner and also an example how it would be used in Motorola programming? Thanks in advance.
Cookeville:
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

This information is used to program a MOTOTRBO radio. Since the system is a MOTOTRBO system, you will NOT be able to receive it on a regular scanner, digital or not. In order to receive TRBO transmissions, you will need to use specialized software called DSD plus a discriminator tap, with the wire running from your scanner to a computer. Regular scanners without the software & tap will not receive TRBO transmissions. See the Wiki link I posted below for more info on MOTOTRBO:

MOTOTRBO - The RadioReference Wiki

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
This information is used to program a MOTOTRBO radio. Since the system is a MOTOTRBO system, you will NOT be able to receive it on a regular scanner, digital or not. In order to receive TRBO transmissions, you will need to use specialized software called DSD plus a discriminator tap, with the wire running from your scanner to a computer. Regular scanners without the software & tap will not receive TRBO transmissions. See the Wiki link I posted below for more info on MOTOTRBO:

MOTOTRBO - The RadioReference Wiki

As MotoTRBO is DMR, you can also use DMRDecode, and the other DMR specific softwares to monitor also.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
No dealer will program a radio for one of their customers so you can hear them. If they did and the customer found out they wouldn't be a customer very long....

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

The feed was provided by the sheriff's dept. They got a new sheriff and the person that was doing the feed no longer works there. And they had him to take it down before he left.

QuickSix17

Premium Subscriber
You think they will encryption their transmission now full time with a new sheriff?

vans113

Premium Subscriber
Doubt it until they go to a new system or radios. They would have to touch every single radio again and reprogram it.

QuickSix17

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense.. Anyone know anything about the Cookeville pd for a receive only radio? Pretty sure the info isn't available. I think it's been asked before.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
When you say receive only do you mean the output freq of the I repeater ? If not you most likely won't hear them before they hit the repeater because it's not as a strong signal

QuickSix17

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if the radio I'm about to order has a receive only option, or if it'll have to have a dummy freq in the receive slot. I'm pretty new to dmr radios. I know very little about them.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
all radios will have a receive and a trasmit freq able to be programmed into them sometimes its labeled as rx and tx.

QuickSix17

Premium Subscriber
Right. I know that much. I mean, what if I don't want the radio to be able to Tx at all? I don't want my radio to key up on accident and get my radio bricked.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
I would not program one at all for a system. By you programming a radio 1 you have to have a radio id. Since it has a radio id say you program an i.d in that an officer uses. It's possible you both having that same id could I'm danger an officer. It they use a system key you won't even affiliate with the system. 2 yes you could program a radio to have no tx freq in it

Status
Not open for further replies.