Putnam County Tone-Outs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sectionut

Premium Subscriber
Anyone able to catch them? Use to be able to get them on the 151.4600 conv freq until about November. Ever since then nothing. Last week a page apparently went out and the ottawa PD officer on duty stated he could no longer receive these pages. This is when the county unit replied to him stating he would not be able to unless he could monitor 151. Anyone able to explain or maybe offer some info?

onex135

Feed Provider
Paging still occurs on 151.460. County used to simulcast VHF paging (154.250) with MARCS talkgroup SO-69. When everything switched over to new narrowband VHF channel, the simulcast was discontinued. However, discussions are back on the table to bring the simulcast back, and perhaps create a new talkgroup dedicated to such activity. For what it's worth, 159.180 monitors 69-Fire, 69-EMS, and both OPS talkgroups, so that responders can listen on their VHF pagers, and/or via conventional scanners. That same frequency is also the back up paging channel in case 151.460 fails for any reason.

sectionut

Premium Subscriber
Paging still occurs on 151.460. County used to simulcast VHF paging (154.250) with MARCS talkgroup SO-69. When everything switched over to new narrowband VHF channel, the simulcast was discontinued. However, discussions are back on the table to bring the simulcast back, and perhaps create a new talkgroup dedicated to such activity. For what it's worth, 159.180 monitors 69-Fire, 69-EMS, and both OPS talkgroups, so that responders can listen on their VHF pagers, and/or via conventional scanners. That same frequency is also the back up paging channel in case 151.460 fails for any reason.

Excellent information. So if I'm understanding this correctly for the time being I could use 159.180. This would be 69 fire ems and ops?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

onex135

Feed Provider
Yes that is correct, 159.180 monitors 69-FIRE, 69-EMS, 69-OPS 1, and 69-OPS 2. This is a one-way patch from MARCS to this VHF channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.