Putnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Can anyone explain the Putnam County dispatch protocols to me? I heard them put out a medical call this morning, and they sent:

Putnam Lake EMS
Patterson EMS
BLS 4
Medic 4

Is that 3 transport capable ambulances and 1 paramedic to one patient?

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I am not from New York but I dispatch for a large Communications center here in CT. It could be the first 2 are fire department first responders, then the Ambulance and a non transport paramedic.

We dispatch several volunteer departments that during the day do not have a lot of man power so they have set up to have another department respond as well.

sc800

I honestly forget. I think it was chest pain or diff breathing. Some kind of one patient ALS level medical call

Spec

Several things could be going on here. First guess : The primary agency might have been on a previous call and the mutual aid response dispatch was initiated.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The units like medic 4 and bls 4 is a commercial agency contracted by the county that repsond county wide. Not sure if that helped to understand them.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Putnam Lake would have been primary, Patterson the mutual aid, BLS 4 TransCare contract ambulance and Medic 1 contract ALS. You might have heard a third or fourth dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.