• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Puxing 888K

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun2916

I have the puxing 888 program installed on my computer to program the puxing 888 radios. I'm trying to program a puxing 888K using the same software & cable, however the software doesn't seem to recognize the 888K radio. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
I have the puxing 888 program installed on my computer to program the puxing 888 radios. I'm trying to program a puxing 888K using the same software & cable, however the software doesn't seem to recognize the 888K radio. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

In the programming software downloads area of 409shop.com, they have a separate download for the 888 and the 888K. I would give the 888K software a try. It could be the data files are compatible (which if it does, would allow you to use the same data file for both radios). Another possibility is that 888K software may be backwards compatible with the 888. And lots of places have the 888K programming software.

Plus, it won't hurt to have multiple radio programming programs installed on your computer. I have nearly 20 installed and sometimes have more than one open at the same time.

Jim KC9HI

topgun2916

Thanks for the help with the location of the software. I've downloaded the software program, however I am now having issues transferring the data from the computer to the radio via the USB cable. Suggestions? Thanks for the help..

topgun2916

I've tried different ways of programming the 888K. It begans to write the information to the radio, then an error message keeps coming up saying check connection. Any more suggestions. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.