• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Puxing PX888K

Status
Not open for further replies.

txcarva

Hello,

I am able to program (read/write) my Puxing 888 and 777 using their respective software and a cable right now my laptop.

I also have a Puxing px888k and just downloaded the Puxing 888 UV software. However, I cannot read from radio. Weird because I can read the other radios with this same cable and their respective software software. When attempting to read, the light on the radio doesn't come on as expected. It's like nobody's home. Just wondering if anyone knows if this radio have to be in some type of programming mode?

Thanks
Danny

teufler

ok, for grins, does the Puxing software recognize the attached radio and is the comport being recognized. You could also try Chirp software as they have listed a 888K model for the puxing radio. Its worth a try.

KD8DVR

Hello,

I am able to program (read/write) my Puxing 888 and 777 using their respective software and a cable right now my laptop.

I also have a Puxing px888k and just downloaded the Puxing 888 UV software. However, I cannot read from radio. Weird because I can read the other radios with this same cable and their respective software software. When attempting to read, the light on the radio doesn't come on as expected. It's like nobody's home. Just wondering if anyone knows if this radio have to be in some type of programming mode?

Thanks
Danny
Chirp now has rudimentary support for the 888k. That may be an option.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not indicate a claim of actual fact.

Machado

Maybe the plug is not making contact. It happens all the time. Press the plug firmly and try reading from the radio. Hope this helps. Good luck.

KD8DVR

Chirp now has rudimentary support for the 888k. That may be an option.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not indicate a claim of actual fact.
I forgot to add....it's always best to use an FTDI cable or equivalent.

txcarva

Hello all!

Thank you for your responses.

The software does not recognize this radio at all. It does pick up the COM port. I didn't think Chirp supported 888K. I have a few versions of it installed. I guess I need to try the latest. I will do that! I did push the cable in very firmly while trying to get it to read the radio. I am going to go the Chirp route and report back.

Thanks again!

KD8DVR

Do you have the black or the green model? The black one prefers the very earliest factory software, whereas the green one likes the later versions.
Chirp only began 888k support on very recent versions and it still needs updates to support all functions.

txcarva

I just installed the latest CHIRP daily build. I first tried a Puxing 777 to make sure the installation can read from a radio. It worked for 777. Then I plugged in the 888K. I get the error "CHIRP tried to read 8 bytes but got 0." I get this even if the radio is on or off. I tried uninstalling older CHIRPs, reinstalling the new one. No luck. I will try their support to see if this is a known issue.

txcarva

One more thing about this radio. The buttons on the radio do not match the manual. This radio has three buttons on top "MENU", "V/M" and "A/B". The manual has MENU, ENTER and ESC/M. Also, the radio looks different than what I am seeing on YouTube. Anyhow, I have a friend with another Puxing 888k. He is bringing it to me so I can compare.

txcarva

Alright. So my friend brought his Puxing 888k over I was able to instantly get CHIRP and Puxing software to read it. So something is wrong with my Puxing 888k. First of all, the radios look different. Same model, but different buttons labels, the LCD screen looks much different, the inside compartment where the battery connects looks different and even the weight of the radios is different. I think I bought a knock off. SMH

KD8DVR

Definitely NOT an 888k. There have been some misrepresented. Someone on the 888k Yahoo group had the same issue. I forget if he found software or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.