Pyramid Lake Fire Rescue

Smokechaser87

Premium Subscriber
In the past couple of weeks I have been hearing Pyramid Lake Fire saying “switching to reservation freq” and today they are totally quiet on TM Disp, which is their normal frequency. Any ideas what this new ID is for the 800Mhz EDACS system?

KG7PBS

there probably on VHF as all Nevada fire uses VHF on most incidents. and they had VHF before getting on EDACS

markclark

Premium Subscriber
In the past couple of weeks I have been hearing Pyramid Lake Fire saying “switching to reservation freq” and today they are totally quiet on TM Disp, which is their normal frequency. Any ideas what this new ID is for the 800Mhz EDACS system?

Here's some recently expired licenses. Government agencies don't always promptly renew their licenses, so these may be active. It's a start.
KNNR 379

WBC 402

firephoto29

WRVL541
there probably on VHF as all Nevada fire uses VHF on most incidents. and they had VHF before getting on EDACS
Do you (or anyone) know if the TM Dispatch VHF conventional frequency is still in use at all? I know that Command 1 and Command 2 as well as the brush assignment frequencies still patch.

Smokechaser87

Premium Subscriber
Do you (or anyone) know if the TM Dispatch VHF conventional frequency is still in use at all? I know that Command 1 and Command 2 as well as the brush assignment frequencies still patch.
The VHF frequency 158.7450 is used on brush assignments. But is also linked to EDACS on the IDs
TM Peavine
TM Slide
TM Virginia
TM Gerlach

KG7PBS

sorry I have not been there in some time I don't know that. every time I come up I have my EDACS P7200.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Still no luck finding it. Has anyone found any info on this?
Here's some suggestions: search all FCC designated VHF fire frequencies, all Local Government (LG) frequencies, Possibly Washoe County FD and LG frequenices, (there might be a MEU that allows for Tribal use), BIA and other US Gov't frequencies, call the tribe and speak with someone in Public Relations, (not the yahoo that answers the phone). Be persistent, you'll come up with something.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Still no luck finding it. Has anyone found any info on this?
If you're trying to find a new/unidentified talkgroup on a EDACS system, get yourself a rtl sdr dongle and monitor the EDACS site with Unitrunker, it will monitor/log all affiliations and voice grants 24/7. If it's a primary fire dispatch TG it should be pretty obvious.

Last edited:

firephoto29

WRVL541
The VHF frequency 158.7450 is used on brush assignments. But is also linked to EDACS on the IDs
TM Peavine
TM Slide
TM Virginia
TM Gerlach
Interesting, I only pick up CMD1, CMD2, peavine, slide, vp, and gerlach on my VHF radio while TM Disp 158.7450 remains quiet even when there is traffic on the 800mhz EDACS system.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Just heard them dispatch a few days ago stating it was a "Washoe fire main assignment" also from the sounds of their page it may be a EDACS or on the P25 system, but I'm looking now for more details, I may swing by the station there tomorrow and ask.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
For the most part all TMFR traffic has moved to the EDACS system with the VHF just being a patch for when needed or when working with other departments

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Update on this from what I've found, PLFR now dispatch through washoe county sheriffs, on the EDACS system, I called and asked and was informed that "We can not give out that information due to patient information we give out on the channel" currently searching to find anything more

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Hey, the Washoe Fire Main is EDACS 375, or 02-147 and their Tac is 376 or 02-148