• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pyramid SVR-200 retune question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

Anyone here ever take a Pyramid SVR-200 VHF in-car repeater successfully into 144-148 HAM band. I have aquired some of the attached to some lowband maratracs and I want to put one with a lowband Syntor X9000. I have all the pin-out info but am not sure how to retune this repeater (or if it even possible). The 10-meter FM channels in my X9000 have been going crazy lately. I thought it would be cool to have a two meter HT and working 10 meter contacts with it. I am also thinking about retuning one of these maratracs into the six beter band and would like to have a 2-meter link to it.

Mike

NC4AB

Premium Subscriber
The software will take two meter frequencies, so you should be able to do it after a complete tuning / alignment. The tuning / alignment instructions are available for download on the Pyramid site.

wcu02mpa

Programming cable

I found the service manual and retuning shouldn't be a problem. I have an IFR-1000S and can do the process. So where do I get a programming cable?

jim202

I see the programming cable pin-out on batlabs. But do I connect the bus lines to both 11/13 and 15/24 or just pin 11 and 15? This looks easy enough to build.

Pyramid SVR200 Programming Cable

If you spent just a tad of effort and looked on the same site, you can find the diagram of the RIB. There you would have found that the pins are tied together inside the RIB.

So we are now ready for the next question?

wcu02mpa

Effort??? No way

Why expend the effort when I can get it here? Thanks for info. Now time to build it. I will report back if I can get it retuned.

wcu02mpa

Think about it

Sorry old man but I disagree. If I have something to contribute and I have extensive knowledge on a lot of Motorola and Kenwood topics I will gladly offer it and not bust someones balls about researching it. I quickly offer the info and ask if they need any more info.

I would never be a condescending person as I am not built that way. Clearly some people on here are.

wcu02mpa

Success......

Cable built.....SVR-200R read and was able to write back to it.

I did the retune procedure and got the RX to about 1.5 uv. I could have gone tighter but I would prefer a little less sensitivity. Power out is a full 2 watts. I was able to walk over a block away and key the HT and get solid signals. For those of you wanting to do this you almost need two service monitors but must have one for sure. One option is a service monitor and an MFJ-259 would also work just fine. This was a cool project. I have a few more of these repeaters if anyone is interested in buying one.

I am either going to couple it with my X9000 or possible retune the maratrac into a 6 meter base. I will post some pics when complete

Last edited:

pddispatcher

Hello.

I have a Pyramid SVR-200 connected to a TK-780 and am adjusting the freq from where its currently tuned to 158.805 to 151.030. Will that require new adjusting of the transmitter unit?

Also, I may be wanting to switch this to a Kenwood TK-7180 model radio. I only have one service monitor so I would love to know how to do it with an antenna analyzer and a Svc Monitor.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Most of the alignment can be made with a single simple service monitor. To set the repeat audio gain (and be spot on) yes you'll need one that can duplex generate or two separate ones. In lieu of that you can use a radio with some kind of audio signalling (DTMF works good). Measure deviation from the radio and then set the repeat gain for that in both directions. IF all you have is voice, ear-ball will get you in the neighborhood. You don't need an antenna analyzer just to set the system up.

Status
Not open for further replies.