• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pyramid SVR 200U Programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmadman

i just recieved a svr-200U repeater unit (the 14ch version) but im having trouble assessing it via the P3 port under the front panel.
i made the rib cable as on batlabs site but i cannot read the unit im wondering if ive wired the cable wrong, ive got the centre pin of the 2.5mm jack going to pin 15 of the rib and the earth ring going to pin 11
can someone please confirm if this is the correct wiring for me please

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I have an OEM FY-1 that doesn't have a RIB connection and doesn't appear to have an RS232 to TTL converter in the cable. Perhaps newer units are at 232 levels?

Maybe one of the EEs on here can reverse engineer it...

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 30
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 30

RFI-EMI-GUY

i just recieved a svr-200U repeater unit (the 14ch version) but im having trouble assessing it via the P3 port under the front panel.
i made the rib cable as on batlabs site but i cannot read the unit im wondering if ive wired the cable wrong, ive got the centre pin of the 2.5mm jack going to pin 15 of the rib and the earth ring going to pin 11
can someone please confirm if this is the correct wiring for me please

I would like so much to know the part number nomenclature of the microcomputer chip in the 14 channel version. I have a bunch of single channel ones and want to see if simply adding a 14 channel BCD switch will convert it. Could you take a look or make a good closeup photo and post it?

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have an OEM FY-1 that doesn't have a RIB connection and doesn't appear to have an RS232 to TTL converter in the cable. Perhaps newer units are at 232 levels?

Maybe one of the EEs on here can reverse engineer it...

I am pretty sure it is a single wire TTL interface. I use a standard Motorola RIB and connected via ground and data pins on a SABER cable.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure it is a single wire TTL interface. I use a standard Motorola RIB and connected via ground and data pins on a SABER cable.

I tried that on the brand new SVR200 I last sold and it didn't work, I had to order this new cable for that unit.

tazmadman

Is pin 11 ground on the RIB or do i use pin 1 to connect to the base of the 2.5 plug as i have pin 11 going to the base and pin 15 going to the tip

RFI-EMI-GUY

Taz; If you can, please get the numbers or closeup picture of the 14 CH microcomputer. I want to upgrade mine to 14CH and the manual does not make a distinction leading me to believe it may be hardware/switch only.

tazmadman

Taz; If you can, please get the numbers or closeup picture of the 14 CH microcomputer. I want to upgrade mine to 14CH and the manual does not make a distinction leading me to believe it may be hardware/switch only.
Im onto it but i jave to wait till im home which will be in 2 days and ill post them then :)

tazmadman

Hope these help
also are there any tips for connecting to a xtl5000 ive wired the plug the same as on the pyramid site but it doesn't operate

Attachments

• copy1.jpg
    copy1.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 39
  • copy2.jpg
    copy2.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 42
  • copy3.jpg
    copy3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 40

RFI-EMI-GUY

Thanks, those pictures help. I think one of mine has that same version firmware on the chip.

As far as the XTL5000. In what way does it not work? Is the SVR not turning on? Or an audio path problem? Take note that the SVR has jumpers for polarity of COR, PTT and if I recall correctly the pin that turns the SVR on. The XTL also has VIP I/0 logic to be programmed.

If you need support, you might call Pyramid directly . Also the Communications Support website has folks familiar with XTL mobile programming.

The SVR may be a PITA to set up but it should work reliably once you get there.

sfd119

XTL High Power does not have COR on the DB25. You'll need to modify the radio or use the special cable Pyramid offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.