QK, And Service Type Changing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

a. I see in Sentinel that there is no option
to assign a Quick Key to a particular frequency in a Site
It is possible for the two higher levels of System and Department.

What is the easiest and quickest way therefore of getting to a particular frequency ?
Would one use a QK and a Number Tag, or...?

b. And, the Sentinel manual says for changing the Service Type:

“You can right-click anywhere in the list to Select All, Clear All, or Reset to Default.”

Doesn’t seem to work for me.
How do I do it, please ?

Thanks,
B.

JamesO

Number tag is synonymous to the old school scanner channel number.

This should allow you to select specific frequency or talk group by entering the programmed Number tag.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Easiest answer first: To change Service Type (or any other column value) in Sentinel, hover your mouse to a cell in the column you wish to change. Then right mouse click and you'll get that "Select All Copy . . . "

If you are talking about "jumping" to a specific channel and holding on that channel, my preferred method is to use Number Tags. (I've got a lot of channels, so I'll only Number Tag the more important ones).

This is accomplished by pressing the Channel button to stop scanning. Then enter the "address" of the channel, then press the Channel button again to tell the scanner to jump to that channel.

A Channel's address consists of three parts: Favorites List Number Tag, System Number Tag and Channel Number tag.

I find it easier to remember FL Number Tags and System Number Tags by using the same Quick Key that I have assigned to them.

So for example, I have marked a channel with Number Tag 5, which is in System having a System Number Tag of 0 in a Favorites List with a Number Tag of 1. To "jump to that channel, I'll do the following button press sequence on the scanner:

Channel
1.0.5 (Periods have to be used)
Channel

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You cannot tag or assign a QK to a specific frequency on a site. You can assign a Quick Key to the site, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.