QK Question: Two Places To Set QK; Agreement Between ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

In Sentinel.

I click on a top level System in a FAV List.

It then gives me the option of setting a QK for it in the right hand pane.

Fine.

But in the tabs on the top, there is one that says “Options”.
This also seems to give me the option of setting a QK number here.

What are the differences in doing it in either place ? (It seems they both will accept different numbers)

e.g., which controls ?

Which ends up being the actual QK, No. ?
etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In the right pane, you are setting the QK for the selected department.

In the Options tab, you are setting the QK for the current system.

marksmith

The one in the tab is the favorites list quick key.

You can set system quick keys in the right hand pane.

Obviously, turning on/off favorites lists activates everything in the list that you have on.

Individual systems within an active favorites list can be turned on /off using the system quick keys.

Not assigning quick keys in any of these areas means evert hinges always gets scanned.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

BOBRR

From OP

Hi Guys,

I guess being in my 80's allows me some freedom in being dumb, but am really trying to understand the nuances with this. Sure is a lot to know, and not very intuitive (at least for me).

So, assuming you are dealing with an idiot, might I please ask if you get a spare minute to elaborate a bit on the above.

I have been trying to set QK's using the basic right hand pane that allows for it, and also with the Option Tab,

All this is being done from the highest level for the fAV, the System level I believe it's called.

If I have this level highlighted for a particular FAV, shouldn't using either of the two QK setting possibilities/methods (the basic FAV Editor, and/or the Options Tab) set the QK for every screen ?

It doesn't seem to. It seems I get contradictory results, which is another reason I'm asking again.

If this could be explained more fully, and in excruciating detail, would be most appreciative.

Thanks again,
Bob

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think something I posted in response to another post you made might be helpful. Essentially there are three different types of Quick Keys: Favorites List Quick Keys, System Quick Keys and Department Quick Keys.

If you could export the Favorites List you are working on to an HPE file, zip it and attach it, perhaps we can take a lot at what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.