QRM or Band Condition changes, Ques 10m

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0IU

But I also note that the meaning has now become to include almost all noises.

Good thing you said "almost" all noises!

thompswife_917.jpg

(N8IAA, that was sarcasm!)

osros

Feed Provider
This is interference Im getting that is from outside, thats is 24/7 and all over HF in different ways, stronger, weaker, narrow or wider bandwidth Im sure you all know what I mean. Two videos shows its effects on two bands. It is more of a annoyance and not a deal breaker the most audible noise is at its ends where it turns around again. Pretty much if there is a weaker signal in there I may as well forget it and move on. Does anyone recognize this to help narrow it down?

Also it does move around a bit, this week its centered on 28.350 a week ago it was not there but somewhere on the band. if you get what I mean.

Sorry they are short vids.

10m
https://youtu.be/sxSx0NZFjyQ

20m
https://youtu.be/k5slRJ7OXME

SCPD

QRT
Osros, I am going to throw another angle in to you noise issue...
Jupiter
Yes, that big gassy giant is one heck of an RF radiator....
I have not listened on 10 metre's in quite awhile, but I have tracked arrays across the heavens: and Jupiter in particular, especially around 20-22MHz-- the noise Jupy generates is phenomenal!
I would nor be surprised if you might be hearing some this on 10. Just a suggestion..... :)

You might Google this- if for no other reason, it is quite eye opening about strange signals you may be hearing

........................................................CF

SCPD

QRT
-----------though, just reading your latest post... a 24/7 issue--- no, I doubt its coming from outer space.... but you still might find the subject fascinating.......

ah, well...good luck Guy... follow the good suggestions of the others here............

.............................................CF

Status
Not open for further replies.