Qrm with Workman Saturne b100 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laidbackdx

I live on a Thief foot appartement the Roof is about ten feet from Floor balcony i installed m'y Workman antenna on a 20 foot pole on balcony railing swr os good but a lot if qrm and noise i cannot Ground antenna on the Ground if i Ground the radio on plumbiing Will IT elliminate the noisr

prcguy

What model antenna? What kind of noise? Hiss? Different sounds than hiss? Voices? Beeps and blips? How many S units is the noise? Is it on specific channels or the same on all channels? Is it worse at different times of day or night?

The CB band can be mostly noise if the skip is in and can get much quieter late at night when nobody is on the radio Have you experienced a similar setup in your area with less noise? Radio signals or noise do not automatically go to ground when you add one and many times reception gets worse because ground systems can be very noisy being common with AC power ground that can carry all kinds of noise from computers and other household noise makers and you just routed all that noise to your antenna.

I live on a Thief foot appartement the Roof is about ten feet from Floor balcony i installed m'y Workman antenna on a 20 foot pole on balcony railing swr os good but a lot if qrm and noise i cannot Ground antenna on the Ground if i Ground the radio on plumbiing Will IT elliminate the noisr

Status
Not open for further replies.