qs o 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

santastic

Hi im a newb so hope its ok to ask QS right off bat...
every time, I program the sd card in a playlist it dlets, the other playlist if its the same: for example
tac north in one playlist, and tac north in another its gone in the first.....,,,,,, or I have partial of whole county on one playlist then have fom the same county in whole it erases the partial list WHY?

I love this thing its simple and easy to use I give it a 8 only because you CAN NOT lock he keys this is a bummer for me.... this unit is the best for any newb trust me I went through 4 before this came out.....

santastic

The software will always add to the default list unless the user de-selects it

Yes I understand that. Im sorry I cant explain this corectly. Ill try again when i put a whole county in, it will add ems, fire, city police etc in that play list now when adding a city police from that same county in a different play list it will erase that specific city police from the first play list and vice versa (sorry)

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
In the IScan software, import the complete system into the lowest number playlist.
Go to the playlist tab at the bottom of the screen.
Select the talkgroup(s) to me moved to another playlist.
Left click in the playlist field and select the new playlist number and de-delect the old playlist number.
Switch to the new playlist and your talkgroups will be there.
Go back to the old playlist and they will be gone.
Delete any other talkgroups not needed.
And most important of all, Copy Configuration to SD Card from the "SD Card" drop down menu.

DonS

Yes I understand that. Im sorry I cant explain this corectly. Ill try again when i put a whole county in, it will add ems, fire, city police etc in that play list now when adding a city police from that same county in a different play list it will erase that specific city police from the first play list and vice versa (sorry)

Is this what you're doing?
  1. You import some sets of talkgroups into playlist X. We'll call these set A (police), set B (fire), and set C (EMS).
  2. You now want to import the same talkgroups that are already in set A into an additional playlist Y. That is, sets B and C will be only in playlist X, but set A will be in both playlist X and playlist Y.
  3. To accomplish #2, you go back into the library menus, select the talkgroups that make up set A, and select ONLY playlist Y as the destination.
  4. You now find that set A's talkgroups appear only in playlist Y
If this is what you're doing / seeing, this behavior is by design. Any import of objects that you've previously imported replaces the previously-imported objects.

To accomplish #2 above, step #3 needs to be modified: playlists X and Y must BOTH be selected in the import process.

Status
Not open for further replies.