QSSTV, Fldigi receive but no Tx

Retroradio

QSSTV and Fldigi receive but no transmit. FLrig is working. WSJTX is working but has a hiccup now and then.
Radio: Icom 7300 in Data mode. Settings as directed.
Using: the supplied USB CAT control cable. Not using any external soud card as its not required.

Now looking around the net it indicates that no driver is required. I had the data mode settings previously installed via SD card for my windows machine. When I switched back to Ubuntu I reset the Icom and manually set the digital settings back in.

Bottom line, none of the programs are seeing the same”sound card/driver” as in USB audio codecs.
I cant match the settings in FLrigas they dont show up in the other programs drop down dialogue boxes…
Error message is missing Hamib or reset ports which albeit it gives direction it doesnt match the radio or the program as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance and I have looked on the net for answers with no luck so far.

Retroradio

Update..
QSSTV now goes straight into “Setting TX” on start up.
FLdigi starts transmitting as soon as the program starts..

The programs are at least talking to the rig but not the right commands…. :) Any hints on how to fix this

Retroradio

Well replaced OS with Ubuntu As nothing was really working.
Have ran thru all the settings again and am back to nothing working. PSK doesn't “ttyUSB0“ but is receiving , FLrig does but isn’t talking, WSJTX is receiving. None are talking. Back to the rig…

a417

Update..
QSSTV now goes straight into “Setting TX” on start up.
FLdigi starts transmitting as soon as the program starts..

The programs are at least talking to the rig but not the right commands…. :) Any hints on how to fix this
post your rig settings? Don't have that unit, but it stands to reason that whenever the program starts, it asserts whatever line is set to transmit...so it might be as simple as a toggle. If it was doing it on computer startup, then i would think it's a hardware wiring issue...as it starts as soon as the program initializes the port...it appears to be software configuration based.

Retroradio

post your rig settings? Don't have that unit, but it stands to reason that whenever the program starts, it asserts whatever line is set to transmit...so it might be as simple as a toggle. If it was doing it on computer startup, then i would think it's a hardware wiring issue...as it starts as soon as the program initializes the port...it appears to be software configuration based.

Used the settings below. Have tried several sites and they are all pretty much the same.

Retroradio

Maybe the big question is…“is a driver required”. I found one site that said yes but another that said newer versions of the OS do not.

Retroradio

So next update…Have upgraded the firmware just in case and there was no change.
Other than nothing is talking….WSJTX is receiving, PSK is reliving, QSSTV is stuck on setting up TX and likes to trip the TX and hang up the system.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Maybe the big question is…“is a driver required”. I found one site that said yes but another that said newer versions of the OS do not.
I think when you read "newer versions of the OS do not [require a driver]" they meant newer versions of the WINDOWS OS... not Linux. Is there a Linux driver for the 7300?

Retroradio

I think when you read "newer versions of the OS do not [require a driver]" they meant newer versions of the WINDOWS OS... not Linux. Is there a Linux driver for the 7300?

There is a driver for windows downlaodable.
In the attached article it says a driver isn’t required and after 3 days off searching I haven’t found one for Linux/Ubuntu.

nl13286

SPOILER ALERT! This might be the solution.

I had the same problems with QSSTV on Debian Bullseye. Make sure in the CAT settings the 'Special Serial Port' is set to /dev/ttyUSB0. (The default on my settings was /dev/ttyS0). In the SOUND settings I have selected PulseAudio.

Now the real tricky part..

Everytime Debian is loaded and QSSTV is started the outgoing audio signal is not set right. Make sure you start QSSTV first.

Under the Raspberry bar go to Music and Video and select PulseAudio-volumecontrol. Or open up a terminal and type Pavucontrol, On the Play Tab you will now see QSSTV and what audiodevice it is using, Change it to PCM2901 Audio Codec Analog stereo. The same for the Record Tab, but this will already be the default. The last Tab Outgoing Devices should also be good on default. Where it says PCM2901 Audio Codec Analog stereo, you should see Analog Output.

So you only have the change the first Tab everytime after you have started QSSTV.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

73 Daniel de NL13286 (SWL)

f6aap

Hello,
I installed QSSTV from synaptic on my pc with Ubuntu 22.04

When I do the sound card configuration, QSSTV does not recognize my external sound card

The other applications Fldigi, Wjtx recognize the sound card well !!

Please give me your help

Regards from F6AAP