Quebec Section DB update

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
This doesn't fit into any of the preset Submission categories.

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&stid=111

o Move Montreal and Gatineau/Hull to "Metro Areas" (which doesn't yet exist). Then add another for Ville de Quebec

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=2502#cid-8443

To the Montreal Public Safety listing:

o add the "Montreal Fire Department (SSIM Radio System) System" and change name to "Système Radio de SIM (Montreal FD)". Yes, they are back to SIM after being SPIM and SSIM.

o add the "Montreal Public Security System" and rename to "Reseau de Securite Publique - Montreal (Bell Mobility public safety system)"

o add the "Montreal-Dorval (YUL) Airport System" and rename to "Montreal-Dorval Airport Public Safety (CYUL)" to differentiate from the airline system that is named similarly.

More later.

Peter
PS - who is the admin for Quebec?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
There isn't a Quebec admin yet but we're working on it. Perhaps you want to volunteer?

Unfortunately, migrating these entries to a Metro Area will require everything to be done by hand so bear with me.

Clicking on the second link brings up the conventional frequency listings for Montreal. I'm not really sure of what you want me to do? Do you want those other entries added as Related Links?

Best thing to do is use the submission engine. All the global database admins will be able to work it.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Whoops

plaws said:
This doesn't fit into any of the preset Submission categories.

To the Montreal Public Safety listing:

o add the "Montreal-Dorval (YUL) Airport System" and rename to "Montreal-Dorval Airport Public Safety (CYUL)" to differentiate from the airline system that is named similarly.

This is wrong, wrong, wrong. I thought it was a listing for the RSP tower at the airport - it isn't. I'll be in Montreal next week and will confirm that the Mot Type I system still exists.

Peter

VORTAC

Database Admin
Yes, this system is still active. For the aera of the Trudeau airport, we have 3 systems:

1- EDACS RSP network - SYS no 2 - (Fire, security and others services Trudeau airport)

2- Motorola 800 mhz type I - A lot of airline cies sharing this system

3- Motorola 400 mhz type II - Air Canada system

A few conventionnal frequencies are actives, simplex and with repeater mode.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
recommendation?

VORTAC said:
Yes, this system is still active. For the aera of the Trudeau airport, we have 3 systems:

Merci, M. 'TAC. Avez-vous des recommendation pour entendre le RSP? Si j'inclus seulement la systeme « Montréal », est-ce que j'entendrai Urgences Sante et l'aéroport ?

(Yes, google helped me with this!! :)

Peter

VORTAC

Database Admin
Yes for Urgences-santé because most radio used by the dispatchers are on the system 1. This system is a simulcast system (3 sites in the middle of the Montreal island). For the Trudeau airport, not all communications are on the sys 1: it's like 95% for the security crew and 65% for fire dept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.