Queen Anne frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohomepatrol

Queen Anne Frequencies

No I am not a daring type. I will wait until Monday. THANK YOU so much for your efforts.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know why QAC sends tones out on their TRS dispatch channel? Don't they have a VHF frequency for alert tones?

easternshore

Im also in qa county
Have the same problem. Difference is im running a pro 652 which is the same a pro 197 any help finding out how to program fire.. sheriff.. and state police would be great.. thanks guys.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Im also in qa county
Have the same problem. Difference is im running a pro 652 which is the same a pro 197 any help finding out how to program fire.. sheriff.. and state police would be great.. thanks guys.

How did the scanner get programmed originally? Did you buy it preprogrammed by the store, or from a private party? It's too complex to explain on a message board, but the good news is there are lots of YouTube videos about how to program this series of radios; here's one of many:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdzJL4WCuQY

RDGDigital

Im also in qa county

In October, Queen Anne County moved to the Maryland First System, which the PRO-652 and PRO-197 can not decode. In order to listen to Queen Anne County Fire/Police/EMS you will need a scanner that can monitor a Phase II (TDMA) system.

You can find a list of scanners that can monitor a TDMA system in the RR Wiki at:
APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

easternshore

Thats what i was afraid of.. been looking at the 1095 whistler . im thinking when getting one i will need to get the libary updated on it with whistlers ez scan software download. Being queen anne changed not long ago..ps talbot and caroline who were on same system have not changed..

RDGDigital

Thats what i was afraid of.. been looking at the 1095 whistler . im thinking when getting one i will need to get the libary updated on it with whistlers ez scan software download. Being queen anne changed not long ago..ps talbot and caroline who were on same system have not changed..

Talbot and Caroline Counties are probably going to be on the MD First System by the end of the year.

kc4jgc

..ps talbot and caroline who were on same system have not changed..

Talbot and Caroline Counties are probably going to be on the MD First System by the end of the year.

Are you sure they're not there now? I've passed through the area every week the last 5 weeks; I haven't heard Talbot & Caroline as long as I haven't heard Queen Anne's. Last attempt was last night (11/2). The only way I could monitor MSP Easton was on Dorchester County's system.

RDGDigital

Are you sure they're not there now? I've passed through the area every week the last 5 weeks; I haven't heard Talbot & Caroline as long as I haven't heard Queen Anne's. Last attempt was last night (11/2). The only way I could monitor MSP Easton was on Dorchester County's system.

I live in Caroline County and listen to all three counties every day. Talbot and Caroline are definitely still on the UMESC system. I can also hear the MSP Easton and Centreville Barracks patched to the UMESC system (although I usually turn them off since I'm already listening to them on the MD First System and the patch creates distortion since there is about a half second delay in their transmissions).

However, every since Queen Anne went active on the MD First System, I've been hearing the Caroline Sheriff's dispatch patched (or simulcast or whatever it's called) on the MD First System (trunk group 12013).

kc4jgc

I live in Caroline County and listen to all three counties every day. Talbot and Caroline are definitely still on the UMESC system. I can also hear the MSP Easton and Centreville Barracks patched to the UMESC system ....

OK Rick; thanks for the reply. Comparing my WIN500 database with the RRDB, I'm going to try "800 rebanded" tables to see if that works. I'll likely be through there again this coming Tuesday.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
What event is going on in Queen Anne County today?
0600 local Queen Anne Ops doing roll call with various Gators,Bikes,medics etc on Md TAC 2 (8115)
on the First 700 system Cecil County patch today.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Bay Bridge walk / run. Eastbound / southern / older span closed until 2PM today, Two-way traffic on westbound / northern / newer span.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Bay Bridge walk / run. Eastbound / southern / older span closed until 2PM today, Two-way traffic on westbound / northern / newer span.

Thanks! Judging by roll call participants they have a small army at the ready :)

Status
Not open for further replies.