Queen Anne frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohomepatrol

i Have been away a while can someone give me the short story on the changeover that has occurred. I no longer receive any QA's broadcast be they police/fire/state. I have a home patrol 2. What do I need to receive them? Thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
i Have been away a while can someone give me the short story on the changeover that has occurred. I no longer receive any QA's broadcast be they police/fire/state. I have a home patrol 2. What do I need to receive them? Thanks!

See the end of this very long thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...n-forum/231503-maryland-first-700mhz-trs.html

and these listings:

First Responders Interoperable Radio System Team (FIRST) Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

nohomepatrol

Queen Anne Frequencies

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm pretty new to all this. Will the homepatrol2 get these? If so how do I make that happen?

troymail

Silent Key
TWill the homepatrol2 get these?

In theory, yes.

If so how do I make that happen?

Easiest way:

Wait for the next Uniden library update (Monday mornings I believe).
Download the library update into Sentinel.
Copy it to your radio.
Enter your zip code on the radio.
Scan.

Of course, there are limitations going that route:

- waiting until Monday
- figuring all of that out if you've never done it before
- you'll only hear the talkgroups that have been identified and submitted to the RRDB

The other option is to create a favorites list in Sentinel and import the FiRST system into that favorites list and program the FiRST system to "ID Search" (vs. the default "ID Scan"). Then, copy it to the radio.

This is a bit more complicated but if you do it, you won't have to wait until Monday and you can also help to find and identify more new talkgroups.

nohomepatrol

Queen Anne Frequencies

Thanks so much for this information! I'll wait until Monday. I am a patient man.

nohomepatrol

Queen Anne Frequencies

I downloaded the latest updates on Monday and don't seem to be able to pick up QA. I do get state ploice centreville.

troymail

Silent Key
I downloaded the latest updates on Monday and don't seem to be able to pick up QA. I do get state ploice centreville.

Can't say for certain that the HP Sentinel database is the same as the x36 Sentinel database, however, I can confirm that the talkgroups are in the database I pulled for the x36 this week. They are in a "department" called Queen Anne's County in the system called "First Responders..." under Statewide (not County) systems.

As of earlier this morning, I'm hearing some of those talkgroups (including MSP Centreville) on multiple radios on the First/Anne Arundel site so I'm 99.9999% certain that they are active on the Queen Anne's site.

nohomepatrol

Thanks for the reply. I'm not much good with this beyond punching in a zip code. What is the x36 Sentinel database? Would it be better to download it?

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks for the reply. I'm not much good with this beyond punching in a zip code. What is the x36 Sentinel database? Would it be better to download it?

You said you have a Home Patrol 2 -- x36 means either a BCD436HP or BCD536HP. I believe the Home Patrol modes have a separate version of Sentinel from the BCDx36HP models but they should use the same RRDB data so given the new QA talkgroups are in the BCDx36HP database as of 10/23/16, I'd expect them to also be in the Home Patrol database as well but I can't say all of this with 100% certainty. What database version (date) is being displayed on the lower left corner of your Sentinel software? Mine says 10/23/16...

troymail

Silent Key
I don't have a favorites list. I will re enter the zip code

Ah ---- I don't think that is going to work either...... and here's why I think that...

The location based scanning (by zip code, GPS, etc.) is based on location data that is stored in the RRDB and then imported via the library updates....

It appears to me that when the new Department of "Queen Anne's County" was added to the RRDB, they failed to enter any location data for that department/group of talkgroups. Therefore, it appears to have defaulted to 0 Lat and 0 Lon which Paul O would tell you is out in the middle of the ocean.

The DB admins need to fix this....

So, the easy option (again) is:
1. hope they correct it in the RRDB before the next library build
2. repeat the steps you took this week after they do that

The other options include (but are not limited to):

- create a favorites list and setting the location data for QA County properly before copying it to your scanner....

- manually set your location to 0/0 but keep in mind that other channels from the library properly configured with location information will them go silent (not a good option)

I could probably come up with some other options but.....

nohomepatrol

Queen Anne Frequencies

Thank you for this information. My mental health has just improved!!!! I thought it was me. I will wait until Monday and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.