Queen Creek Sheriff dispatch channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDE100

Trying to monitor Queen Creek Sheriff dispatch on Maricopa P25 TGID 1006. Is this the correct TGID? Also there are lots of Sites that take a long time to scan. WHich ones should I be not avoiding to hear in Queen Creek?

1605906199179.png

1605906160842.png

Attachments

• 1605906175588.png
    1605906175588.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 2

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I rarely listen to MCSO, but I think the DB does not have correct talkgroup for MCSO District 6 which covers Queen Creek. I believe the correct talkgroup is 1007. The talkgroups have been hard to identify as many are patched. If anyone can confirm that District 6 is talkgroup 1007, please submit an update to the DB.

Regarding sites, talkgroup 1007 is currently active on the Queen Creek Simulcast, Thompson Peak, and Chandler/Mesa Simulcast. I'm not sure about the Phoenix Simulcast as I am out of range. Remember, sites are only active if there is an user affiliated to the talkgroup on the site. These sites might not always be active with talkgroup 1007. The Queen Creek Simulcast is probably the best bet if you can receive it.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
I would open up Chandler/Mesa, East Lakes, and perhaps Vekol Valley.

As Queen Creek establishes its' own police department, I don't know if they are going to stay on Maricopa County [P-25], TOPAZ, or opt for Regional Wireless. There should be a public contract in place that will state what system they will have going forward.

JDE100

I rarely listen to MCSO, but I think the DB does not have correct talkgroup for MCSO District 6 which covers Queen Creek. I believe the correct talkgroup is 1007. The talkgroups have been hard to identify as many are patched. If anyone can confirm that District 6 is talkgroup 1007, please submit an update to the DB.

Regarding sites, talkgroup 1007 is currently active on the Queen Creek Simulcast, Thompson Peak, and Chandler/Mesa Simulcast. I'm not sure about the Phoenix Simulcast as I am out of range. Remember, sites are only active if there is an user affiliated to the talkgroup on the site. These sites might not always be active with talkgroup 1007. The Queen Creek Simulcast is probably the best bet if you can receive it.
I don't know how to submit the data but I can confirm 1007 is Queen Creek and not Fountain Hills longer the database says

KB7MIB

I would open up Chandler/Mesa, East Lakes, and perhaps Vekol Valley.

The Vekol Valley is south of I-8, halfway between Casa Grande and Gila Bend. This is well out of the range of the Queen Creek area.

I would only use the Queen Creek simulcast, and maybe the Chandler/Mesa Simulcast.

John
Peoria

adl320

Premium Subscriber
I may stand corrected here, but you may also consider TGID 1001, MCSO District 1 Southwest, which also includes Queen Creek. I'm in the North Valley but monitor all of MCSO and often hear QC traffic on this TG. Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

JDE100

I may stand corrected here, but you may also consider TGID 1001, MCSO District 1 Southwest, which also includes Queen Creek. I'm in the North Valley but monitor all of MCSO and often hear QC traffic on this TG. Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
I'm am confused. After further monitoring I hear Queen Creek on 1006,1007 and now you mention 1001. One day its on 1 TG and next day that TG has Fountain Green on it.

adl320

Premium Subscriber
You're correct, it's just that you may also hear QC on 1001 as well. it's covered by MCSO district 1. Check out the link I provided. Perhaps it isn't often, but I do hear QC traffic there. I don't often hear much traffic on 1006 or 1007 but I think that's due to my location in the N. Valley, where nearly all other traffic is heard for me on the Anthem/New River site.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I'm am confused. After further monitoring I hear Queen Creek on 1006,1007 and now you mention 1001. One day its on 1 TG and next day that TG has Fountain Green on it.
MCSO frequently patches talkgroups together. As an example talkgroups 1001 and 1007 are patched currently.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
As a newbie can you explain why they patch talk groups like this?
There are several reasons to patch talk groups. The likely one in this case is so that one dispatcher can handle the traffic from two talk groups. In high traffic periods (such as evening and night) they may man another dispatch console and unpatch these talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.