Qu'est-ce qu'une tonalité codé ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramedic6399

Bonjour,je viens de recevoir ma licence de type P-10 sur UHF et sur le bas de ma licence c'est écrit qu'il est fortement conseillé d'utiliser des tonalitées codé.Je suis un peu perdue dans tout cela est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'éclairer dans ceci.Merci.

QDP2012

Bonjour,je viens de recevoir ma licence de type P-10 sur UHF et sur le bas de ma licence c'est écrit qu'il est fortement conseillé d'utiliser des tonalitées codé.Je suis un peu perdue dans tout cela est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'éclairer dans ceci.Merci.

Welcome to RR and Congratulations on receiving your license. I think the following Wiki pages will help explain coded-tones:

Each page has a "Related Links" section that might be useful, too.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

paramedic6399

Hi QDP2012,thanks for your fast reply,so what i understand is that i can use some different tone with the frequecy that my licence is for so it can be ex:458.0250 tone 118.8 and i'll still be legal ,if i'm right then i'll program my radios with a tone.Thanks again

QDP2012

...i'll still be legal ,if i'm right then i'll program my radios with a tone...

I am not familiar with Canada's laws, so I do not know what is or is not legal there.

But, if you choose to use tones, remember that tones can be set on the transmitter, or on the receiver, or both.

If you and your friends each have radios you could use tones in various configurations. You might already understand this, but I will include some examples anyway.

• Example 1:
    If you and your friend wanted to talk to each other on a simplex-frequency, or on a frequency-pair, that was often used by other people, then you and your friend could use a tone to help isolate your conversations and to prevent hearing everyone else. (The other people might still be able to hear you, though.)

To do this, you would program your receiver's-tone to match your friend's transmitter-tone, and your transmitter's-tone to match your friend's receiver-tone.

When listening with tones enabled, you would only hear radio-traffic when the transmitting radio also transmitted the tone matching your receiver's-tone. This would cause your receiver's speaker to "open" and let you hear the transmitted message. Otherwise, your radio would remain silent.

• Example 2:
    Tones are also used with repeaters, especially when the antenna is on a mountain with a wide coverage area. Sometimes the repeater-owner will put a tone on the repeater-input (the repeater's receive) frequency, so that anyone who wants to use the repeater must also transmit the tone. This helps avoid unwanted signals from entering the repeater and being broadcast throughout the coverage-area.

• Example 3:
    Sometimes repeater-owners will also put a tone on the repeater-output (the repeater's transmit) frequency, so that anyone who wants to use the repeater can put that same tone in their radio's receiver, and will thus know that any signal heard on that channel (probably) will have been transmitted via the repeater.

In the U.S., there are regional repeater-coordinators who help coordinate which frequencies will be used as the repeater's frequency, and which tones will be used to guard against unwanted signals. I don't know if or how Canada coordinates frequencies and tones.

• Example 4:
    In the RR DB listing for the Montreal County, Quebec, Police, you can see in the "Tone" column, that several tones are used by the different agencies. Many of the listings in the RR DB include tones. "CSQ" is the abbreviation for "carrier-squelch" which is another way of saying "no tone is used".

• Example 5:
    Another example of how tones are used is by medical-helicopters or ambulances. Hospitals often use the same frequency, but each has a unique tone. This let's the transport-unit pick the correct channel in their radio which matches their destination's tone. Then the transport-unit can converse with the staff at the correct hospital.

If there is a local amateur radio club, or an equivalent in your area, I recommend contacting them and finding other people who share your interest who can help you learn and enjoy your hobby more. You might also want to contact the organization which issued your license, and/or your local government, for confirmation of what is allowed in your area.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

paramedic6399

Hi QDP2012,thanks for your help ,it seems more clearer now.And the Canadians laws are about the same here ,i'm new in that kind of business,so that's why i'm asking a lot of questions..!THanks again and have a good one.
Paramedic6399

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm aware of business licence and Amateur Radio licence and you can use UHF, GMRS here, no licence needed unlike the USA, other than that???

Nick

paramedic6399

Hi NickPick,In Canada, hand-held GMRS radios up to 2 watts have been approved for use without a license since September 2004.Licence UHF from Industrie Canada, then you're good for 4 watts on only 2 specific channels (P-10) 458.66250,469.26250 MHZ 10-04 ? Lol :)

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
I'm well aware of the details of GMRS in Canada :SP-462/467 MHz
Can you post a link to an Industry Canada web page about this licence? i'm interessted and was under the impression that these 2 frequencies were in the business simplex allocation (453.025-454) (458.025-459) (464.025-465) and (469.025-470)
Nick

Last edited:

paramedic6399

Hi NickPick,here is the document for the licence: ic236 I'm sorry but it's in french but just go on industrie canada and search for that file in english and just put on it that the reason of your demand is for outdoor actiovity and you will have it believe me..! Fax your sheet to 514-283-5157 and just wait and don't forget to include a valid email adress.It's around $42.00 per year per radio.Good luck with this and if you need help then just ask me. :)

Attachments

• ic2366.pdf
    11.8 KB · Views: 335

VE2ZPS

Premium Subscriber
Hi QDP2012,thanks for your help ,it seems more clearer now.And the Canadians laws are about the same here ,i'm new in that kind of business,so that's why i'm asking a lot of questions..!THanks again and have a good one.
Paramedic6399

Bonjour paramedic6399,

Dans un premier temps, je dois te féliciter car tu sembles avoir initié une démarche raisonnable pour légitimer ton utilisation du spectre radio. Nous avons malheureusement trop de gens n'ayant aucune connaissance en Radiocommunication, qui achètent des radios et transmettent sur n'importe quelle fréquence sans se soucier des sérieux problèmes qu'ils peuvent causer.

Je suis titulaire de licence sous les deux Juridictions et la Législation et la réglementation en matière de Radiocommunication sont extrêmement différente entre le Canada et les États-Unis.

Les fréquences que tu mentionnes sont allouées pour utilisation en simplex conformément à la Loi sur la Radiocommunication du Canada et sont assujetties aux règlements en découlant i.e. demande d'autorisation par fréquence.

Comme tu mentionnes être "nouveau" dans le domaine, avec tout mon respect, j'aurais 2 questions pour toi SVP:

1) Lorsque tu as complété ta demande de licence de station radio mobile (formulaire IC2366 que tu as soumis plus haut), qu'est-ce que tu as indiqué dans la section Fréquence(s) demandée(s) et largeur de bande ?

2) Pour le calcul des droits (que tu estimes autour de $42), est-ce que tu as utilisé les lignes directrices énoncées sur la Circulaire d'Information (CIR-8) Version Mai 2013 ?

Salutations,

Last edited:

VE2ZPS

Premium Subscriber
Bonsoir paramedic6399,

Après validation, vous avez effectivement obtenu, le 3 février dernier, l'autorisation d'utilisation de 2 fréquences simplex (soit 458.6625 MHz et 469.2625 MHz).

Félicitations car vous l'avez fait en conformité avec la Législation Canadienne en vigueur, ce qui est malheureusement relativement rare.
Le libellé que vous utilisez pour la nomenclature du certificat devrait toutefois être concordant à l'autorisation.

Salutations,

paramedic6399

Salut VE2ZPS,j'aime bien les choses conformes car vois tu avec le travail que je fais,je n'ais pas le choix de prendre cette ligne directrice car dans notre travail il n'existe pas de zones grises " C'est NOIR ou BLANC"et on s'y habitue..! :) Merci et salutations

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
Dans le formulaire, ils demandent le no de série de chaque appareil, me demande si ils acceptent les divers HT chinois qui ont débarqués en force depuis 3 ans?

paramedic6399

Salut NickPick,dans le formulaire IC 2366BA ils ne demandent aucunement le numéro de série mais le model seulement,moi j'ai des Icom ICF 4013 en 4watts et pour les chinois va voir sur le site IC et fais une recherche pour les models qui sont accepter,il y en a des chinois mais je ne connais pas toutes les marques sauf que Wouxun sont homologé IC donc va voir pour les models qu'ils acceptent.Bonne journée et bonne modulation..! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.