question about 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello on the display for the 197 i see how you can alternate the names in the tag part for the trunked system. my question on the bottom i think its the fourth line where it shows tsys is there any way i can change this to say something else i am noy using software . the unidens are nice cause you can have two diffrent lines for whatever you want to put in.im not real crazy about the alternating names i know i can take away the alternating lines just wanted to see if i can get two independly lines like the unidens, hope i have made this clear, any help thanks for youre help

SOFA_KING

hello on the display for the 197 i see how you can alternate the names in the tag part for the trunked system. my question on the bottom i think its the fourth line where it shows tsys is there any way i can change this to say something else i am noy using software . the unidens are nice cause you can have two diffrent lines for whatever you want to put in.im not real crazy about the alternating names i know i can take away the alternating lines just wanted to see if i can get two independly lines like the unidens, hope i have made this clear, any help thanks for youre help
I know what you mean. I was missing the channel tag because it was spending too much time on the TSYS tag. So I set the LCD Blink settings to 45 ON and 200 OFF. This favors the channel tag, but still gives a short TSYS or LIST tag at a good rate. Now it is easy to read both.

There is no way to add a second line, so this is a workaround. It is nice to have that control over how your scanner behaves! :)

dougjgray

I dont think you can change the bottom line on a trunked system it can only label the function keys on convention it will show the pl or dc code.

Status
Not open for further replies.