Question about 800 meg. MN State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper507

I am unfamiliar, as to exactly how these systems work. I know the MN State Patrol here in South East MN(2100 district)........will be switching over to the 800 Meg system soon. Will I still be able to listen to them? I believe my scanner has trunking capability. How do I find the new frequencies? And ho are they entered, so trunking works??

Any info would be great!! Thanks

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
First, welcome to RR!

I believe they are already in the process of switching over. You didn't mention what model scanner you have. That's the only way to know for sure if it will work. It needs to be a digital trunking scanner, not just a regular trunking scanner.

I'm going to guess you don't have a digital scanner because if you did, you would probably know it. That means you will most likely need to buy a new scanner, and you are in for a little sticker shock because a new digital scanner is going to cost you around $500. You can usually find used ones cheaper on Ebay.

Any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. There are quite a few people here that will be more than happy to help.

copper507

this is the scanner i currently have. Uniden Bearcat BC350C Scanner............I'm assuming its not going to work!

911scanner

this is the scanner i currently have. Uniden Bearcat BC350C Scanner............I'm assuming its not going to work!

You, my good sir, have guessed correctly!

Most people would recommend:
Uniden 396T, 396XT, 996T or 996XT
RS Pro 96, Pro 2096, Pro 106, Pro 107 & Pro 197
GRE PSR 500 & PSR 600

I think that's all of the models that would work & would be suggested to use by most of the good folks around here. There are a couple of first generation Uniden's that should be skipped unless you're on a very tight budget.

MM

1hdrdr

Premium Subscriber
I am unfamiliar, as to exactly how these systems work. I know the MN State Patrol here in South East MN(2100 district)........will be switching over to the 800 Meg system soon. Will I still be able to listen to them? I believe my scanner has trunking capability. How do I find the new frequencies? And ho are they entered, so trunking works??

Any info would be great!! Thanks
They have switched over to the Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) system. It is all 800Mhz digital.You will need a scanner that can recieve 800 Mhz digital trunk systems.

1hdrdr

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCD996xt and I love it it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.