Question about a Radio/and Part Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

I just bought a Delmonico Solid State Table/Cabnet Radio, at a Vintage/Antique Shop that just opend up by my house.

"I think im getting this antique raido collection bug and im only 20yrs old, boy do I look/feel like a nerd" Hope no one takes offence to that.

Anyway Im not sure if this is that right place to put this, but since I will mostly be using it for the Am band, and I modded it to go down to 300khz, wasnt easy but I did it.

It only had internal bar antenna, but I installed a connection for a external am antenna, as well as one for fm.

My question is what is this connection for? It looks as if its where a tube would go, but im not sure, and both the am/fm portion work, as well as the aux input.

And from what I have looked up it look as if this radio is from the 50s or 60s

The picture of the sticker is the only thing on it as far as stickers go, NO model number, no serial number, no nothing. just the top says Delmonico

heres my flicker photo page if you want to see more, I restored most of what I could, It had a record player but it was broke for good, and I have no interest in selling it, I want to keep it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24776335@N08/

Thanks to anyone who can help

2766693187_620e72efc2.jpg

KC0QNB

Ernie, just a guess, from the video,that set had a turntable, that socket may have been the power connection for it.
What the heck are you doing up at 4:15 am anyway?

Shortwavewave

I tryed looking up BSR and didnt have any luck, before and it just confused me because is it a Delmonico or is it a BSR??

Yes it did have a Turntable, like I said, but the connections for it were hooked up and the player worked but did not turn, the turntable had a CB radio type power and rca connections, and didnt have that same connection as to which I think is for a tube, or something else.

And is being up at night illegal? I work in lawn care and have had the past few days off, so Im hours are all over the place.

KC0QNB

I tryed looking up BSR and didnt have any luck, before and it just confused me because is it a Delmonico or is it a BSR??

Yes it did have a Turntable, like I said, but the connections for it were hooked up and the player worked but did not turn, the turntable had a CB radio type power and rca connections, and didnt have that same connection as to which I think is for a tube, or something else.

And is being up at night illegal? I work in lawn care and have had the past few days off, so Im hours are all over the place.
Relax just giving you crap, I don't think that is a tube socket, it a connector for something else, that unit is too new for a tube/solid state hybrid. Perhaps for an optional piece of equipment that was not on/in that particular model.

Status
Not open for further replies.