Question about antenna type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassdrv

Hey all. New member here wishing you all a happy Holiday.

I,'m a complete newb when it comes to this stuff so I wanted to seek your advice on something that I am curious about.

Please see the attached picture. Can anyone tell me what type of antenna this is and what it could be used for?

I would sincerely appreciate your comments.

Many thanks
-bassdrv

Attachments

• 11232016114258.jpg
    11232016114258.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 431

toastycookies

I,'m a complete newb when it comes to this stuff so I wanted to seek your advice on something that I am curious about.

Please see the attached picture. Can anyone tell me what type of antenna this is and what it could be used for?

Many thanks
-bassdrv

Looks like a 5/8 wave ground plane sirio 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YGqo3U61yU

Bassdrv

Looks like a 5/8 wave ground plane sirio 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YGqo3U61yU

Thanks for your reply. From what I have gathered in my search on this antenna, I understand that it is used, in most cases, to transmit and receive radio signals? Can it be used maliciously in any way as in peeking in on neighbors? Sorry if this sounds stupid, again I'm a complete newb when it comes to this stuff but am curious to understand exactly what something like this is capable,of accomplishing.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Sure. Any THING can be stuck up in the air with a small wireless camera on it and watch what you and others do. The police, city officials, etc do it all the time. Wal-Mart has many of them in their stores.
But in your case, I doubt that antenna is being used as such.
That company or individual has either a receiver or transceiver that they communicate with.

Last edited:

Dog

Many thanks
-bassdrv

Looks like a CB or Amateur radio antenna.

They could be gossiping about you to their friends...

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Yea, it looks just like the Sirio antenna that Toastycookies posted a link to.

I Googled it and see it covers from 26.4 to 28.2 Mhz.. This would make it primarily a CB antenna with the ability to cover part of the 10 meter ham band. If you don't have anything in your house that transmits CB signals, then you have nothing to worry about when it comes to the antenna spying on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.