Question about Astron SS-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

I have several of these supplies. I have done the resistor mod to allow the fan to always blow, but at a slower speed, vs the fan come on, & off, making lot's of noise when it's on. My question is, does the fan suck air into the back of the supply, & blow it out the vents in the case, or does the fan suck air out the back of the supply, sucking it in through the vents in the case. I feel air blowing out the back of the fan, & the vents, so I don't know which way the air is flowing. Due to the location of the supply, it would take a long time to "dig it out" to open it, & verify, so I'm wondering if anybody knows. Thanks.

prcguy

Mine blows air into the box. Don't know why they do that as pulling air into the box and out the back is generally more efficient.
prcguy

I have several of these supplies. I have done the resistor mod to allow the fan to always blow, but at a slower speed, vs the fan come on, & off, making lot's of noise when it's on. My question is, does the fan suck air into the back of the supply, & blow it out the vents in the case, or does the fan suck air out the back of the supply, sucking it in through the vents in the case. I feel air blowing out the back of the fan, & the vents, so I don't know which way the air is flowing. Due to the location of the supply, it would take a long time to "dig it out" to open it, & verify, so I'm wondering if anybody knows. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.