Question about BCD996p2 LA area

Otter234

Greetings once more! I would like to express my gratitude for the helpful support that has been provided thus far. However, I have encountered an issue with my bcd996p2. The sound when switching to other channels is very faint, to the point where it is difficult to hear. Nevertheless, the frequency itself can be heard, albeit at a very low volume but have it all the way up. Just found out the volume control dosent even work when I turn it up or down but the button works to change the brightness and shows im turning up the volume. Is there a setting or it? Has anyone else experienced this problem before and what are the fixed? It only began occurring today.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
You may also want to check volume offset for your channels. It's unlikely this would have gotten changed by itself, but for every channel in the radio, you can select a range from -3 to +3 to adjust the volume on a per channel basis.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
So are you saying the level of the key beep is low?
If it is, press menu and goto settings.
You'll see "Adjust key beep"

If this isn't the problem can you describe it better?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are you using the stock internal speaker, or an external speaker? If the speaker is external is it plugged into the back speaker jack or the front headphone jack?

Cary

Premium Subscriber
Another consideration is on which system(s) and frequency are you monitoring and noticing this? For example, I noticed that the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department still has some channels that appear not to have switched to narrow band. Also in reverse, if I haven't switched a now narrow band channel from a wideband setting on my scanner to narrow, the modulation can be very low on my scanner.