Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Servus
COAA makes more than Planeplotter: Signal Software from COAA
but how about the other Products?
I see the European Train Company use GSM-R only and does TrainPlotter make any scene?
I never see/ hear any Signal on the frequency. And when i looking on the "Karte Zugfunk.pdf" from the ÖBB there are only some tracks who use Analogue Frequency.

What kind of frequency does "DSCdecoder" use?
I see no example there.

And what does "NDBfinder" do or receive it?!

does someone use "SondeMonitor" ?
I could not find any Balloon on the Frequency i found on the internet.
Can someone tell me more about that Software?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you look at the DSC Decoder website the very first paragraph gives you a pretty decent description of what the software does

DSCdecoder

And from wikipedia...

Digital Selective Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as for frequencies...

47 CFR 80.359 - Frequencies for digital selective calling (DSC). | LII / Legal Information Institute

NDBFinder is undoubtedly something that has to do with detecting Non Directional Beacons, navaids found on the longwave band below 500 khz and are used in the maritime and aeronautical services. Again, read the website - the description is pretty decent, if a bit technical.

And what are NDBs?

Non-directional beacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep in mind that this website is based in Europe, so at least some of this isn't going to apply to US users, like that TrainPlotter software. If you have an interest in railroad stuff, please go ask in that forum - the same goes for that Orbcomm software, although that discussion belongs here...remember, Google and Wikipedia are your friends (hint hint)

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.