Question about feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
So My county is going to switch from a conventional analog system to a P25 Phase 2 system. Sometime in next year or two. The contract for the upgrade contract will be approved at the end of the month most likely. They maybe a switch in frequency as well. But latest information is that may happen later. I know the county has End of Life on the dispatch systems in 2018. So Image the new plan will have to new system live by then.

The question is about my feed. Do I need to apply for a new feed to stream the new system? Or that only necessary if they switch frequency? Or am I good the way I am and simply update the feed info.

I am not planning on adding another other then if additional ops fire and ems channels are added.

fredva

Feed Provider
Speaking as a fellow feed provider, no, you should not have to apply for a new feed just because the radio system changes or a few more talkgroups are added. I think the main thing is making sure your feed title and description reflect the agencies and the type of channels the listeners are hearing.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
As long as your feed continues to stream "Butler County Fire and EMS" the modes or systems being used don't really matter, it's still the same feed. Just update your Feed Notes at your convenience to enhance your listener's experience.

richtidd

Database Admin
So My county is going to switch from a conventional analog system to a P25 Phase 2 system. Sometime in next year or two. The contract for the upgrade contract will be approved at the end of the month most likely. They maybe a switch in frequency as well. But latest information is that may happen later. I know the county has End of Life on the dispatch systems in 2018. So Image the new plan will have to new system live by then.

The question is about my feed. Do I need to apply for a new feed to stream the new system? Or that only necessary if they switch frequency? Or am I good the way I am and simply update the feed info.

I am not planning on adding another other then if additional ops fire and ems channels are added.

Best is to submit a help request from the HELP tab of your feed page informing us of the change with all the info that that will be on the feed as well with any poss description change so we can determine if the changes will duplicate an existing feed.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Best is to submit a help request from the HELP tab of your feed page informing us of the change with all the info that that will be on the feed as well with any poss description change so we can determine if the changes will duplicate an existing feed.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.