Question about firmware and digital frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumfan

Hi guys, new to scanning and just got my first scanner a bcd396xt. Very hard to figure out. Bought it used and it has firmware 1.08.14. What will updating it do for the scanner? I'm not picking up hardly any digital transmissions from the Ohio State highway patrol posts in my area. Does the firmware have anything to do with this? I've gathered the MARCS system went thru a rebanding recently. These things related? Please help thanks

phask

Premium Subscriber
Depends on what is loaded. I'm not sure which firmware allows the re-banding, but it needs to be done. You then need to load all the new re=banded freqs. and band plan.\

Just as well be ready for MARC-IP as that may be there sooner than you think.

Somewhere there is a link of what currebt firmware is.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, new to scanning and just got my first scanner a bcd396xt. Very hard to figure out. Bought it used and it has firmware 1.08.14. What will updating it do for the scanner? I'm not picking up hardly any digital transmissions from the Ohio State highway patrol posts in my area. Does the firmware have anything to do with this? I've gathered the MARCS system went thru a rebanding recently. These things related? Please help thanks

Here is a link showing the current firmware with instructions, and the list of changes for the firmware versions:

BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.