question about frequency from airnav

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

i got win97 and a pro 97 scanner does any one got a file for air monitoring they can send me for win 97 for the midland area of south carolina columbia shaw fortjackson pageland so forth and so on if not can someone tell me what i got to do to put a frequency in for air monitoring i went on the airnav.com and the only frequency i see is 427 is that all i put in some one please help me with this thanks!!!!!

lugoffman

KB3KBR said:
try this http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=45 near the bottom of the page, we have a full database with info.
yea these will work but i i got a site i found on the wiki forum witch is airnav.com and its gots frequencys in there but all i see is parts of it am i looking in the wrong spot cause its got frequency to the small airports around the area were im from but only showes half the frequency thats why i was asking is that all i put in ny scanner ill look it it again and see maybe im over looking it

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Airnav gives very complete information. Are you clicking on the airport tab? From the first post it appears you are looking at Navaid information. What airport are you interested in?

Mike

lugoffman

mdulrich said:
Airnav gives very complete information. Are you clicking on the airport tab? From the first post it appears you are looking at Navaid information. What airport are you interested in?

Mike
pageland, columbia, camden, life reach, fortjackson, shaw, mcintire and i got win97 but dont know how to set it up on it cause it has fleet maps and trunking tabels and alfa tags whitch i know what some of them are just dont know what fleet maps are and also dont know what to set the code to such as ct of fm or am or mot

Last edited:

K4DHR

Airborne communications are all conventional AM. There is no trunking. Just program the frequency into your scanner and listen to it directly.

I'd say Airnav probably has the most accurate airport information online, as they derive all of their information from the FAA. It isn't always 100% correct, but neither are the FAAs printed publications either. Airports are always changing things that may take months to a year or more to get updated.

lugoffman

K4DHR said:
Airborne communications are all conventional AM. There is no trunking. Just program the frequency into your scanner and listen to it directly.

I'd say Airnav probably has the most accurate airport information online, as they derive all of their information from the FAA. It isn't always 100% correct, but neither are the FAAs printed publications either. Airports are always changing things that may take months to a year or more to get updated.

yea thanks i got it now thanks for the help i now pick somthng up from columbia approuch but just a little traffic here and there i thank it is when they fly over

N1BHH

You should hear aircraft within about 50 miles of you and can conceivably hear them out to 150 miles or more with a good outdoor antenna. I have a PRO-2015 that has about 100 aircraft frequencies in it and it makes lots of noise almost 24 hours a day. Go to AIRNAV and put in a major airport nearby and there will be plenty of frequencies to choose from. the most active for you will be approach and departure, and if your within about 10 miles of a facility the tower frequency. AIRNAV shows all the frequencies, I don't know what you mean by half the frequencies.

Try this for your ARTCC frequencies: http://microvoltradio.com/ARTCC/ARTCC.htm

Try this for airport frequencies: http://www.airnav.com/airports/

Status
Not open for further replies.