Question about Greenfield TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygraffix

I have a radio shack PRO-92 trunk scanner and I can get all of the Milwaukee TRS working fine...ie, south milwaukee, cudahy, oakcreek ect.. But I can't get the Greenfield TRS to work at all. I'm putting all 6 of the Greenfield frequencies in and all the police talkgroups in, but I get nothing, like I said Milwaukee works fine, but greenfield is a dud...Do I need a more up to date scanner? Or am I not doing something right?? If anyone could help explain that would be great.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
are you using the frequencies posted here? http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=356

Pro-92 is a pretty old unit and had senistivity issues with 800 MHz so you may possibly out of range also. Listen to the frequencies in conventional mode to see if you hear the data control channel (buzzing).. if not, you may be out of range for that radio. I had one of those and it's mobile brother the Pro-2067 and both were deaf on 800 MHz and many times got beat up by cellular interference also.

Couple things to make sure of is to make sure each frequency has the mode set to "MOT" and make sure the scan bank is also programmed for Motorola trunking with nothing else in the bank. Each bank has a system setting for the talk group types.

mkescan

My old Pro 92 was real bad on 800.
Also the Greenfield TRS coverage area is a lot smaller then the county system.
Make sure you have the right talkgroups programmed too,make sure Greenfield PD is 32784 and not 700-1
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/7646/TT-Greenfield.htm
Try putting the Greenfield bank in open or search mode and see what happens (I think it's called open mode for the 92?)
Oh yeah...860.4625 has been replaced with 854.2125

John

jaygraffix

Thanks, I'll give it a try, and I know it's not a range issue cause I'm very close to greenfield, and I had it working when I first bought the unit, but now for some reason it seems to not work with Greenfield.

jaygraffix

I have greenfield working finally. for some reason there was 7 frequencies in my bank instead of the 6 that are listed. would that cause it not to work correctly? also, since the pro 92 is a bad unit with the 800's, does radio shack have and good models that are currently available that would be "future proof" in case something changes in the future. I'd hate to buy a new unit just to find out it's not capable of not handling a new system.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.