Question about icom ID51a and their star database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothisfast

Premium Subscriber
I just bought an Icon id51a and started to play with the internal dstar repeater list, the one used when you look for repeaters nearby. I notice there were 2 repeaters that were on dstarinfo but not in the 51's database.

How could I add or update the 51's internal dstar repeater using the micro sd card or rt systems sync cable?

beischel

I just bought an Icon id51a and started to play with the internal dstar repeater list, the one used when you look for repeaters nearby. I notice there were 2 repeaters that were on dstarinfo but not in the 51's database.

How could I add or update the 51's internal dstar repeater using the micro sd card or rt systems sync cable?

Go to dstarinfo.org to download updates for the database

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
You have the RTS cable so I assume you have their program. Its been awhile and I was removing 'things' like countries I was not going to travel to with the radio. On the DR Memory tab in the program is the location of the data. Go to the correct bank section and add using insert line the information following the format as layed out for what is already there.

To update the database with a complete new load forced me to delete some information as the new load had more line items than the radio will hold. I recall the limit as 750, check to make sure.

Adding a few local repeaters should not be a problem as long as the total is under the limit.

Mike

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.