Question about inputs on the Orange County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieScoobie

During the Santiago Fire of October 2007, I happened to be at an intersection near the fire when the caravan carrying Governor Schwarzenegger passed through. Also at the intersection were a number of OCFA vehicles. Right as some motorcycle officers cleared the way for the caravan, I got a close call hit with some people ( I assume they were firefighters in the surrounding vehicles, and this assumption is the basis for my upcoming question) saying "There's a story for the papers: Schwarzenegger Holds Up Strike Team"

Unfortunately I do not remember what the frequency actually was. I am wondering if this was some kind of short-range frequency for communications between units at a scene as I've never heard anything so chit-chatty on any of Orange County's more official trunked channels. I have tried to some research but all I can come up with is that maybe it was one of the conventional channels on the Orange County system.

If that is the case, where can I find out more about which frequencies are used in this manner.

NewbieScoobie

and these are non-repeated channels, or no? If not, what is the range for something like this? Are there other non-repeated channel?

Mick

Of the 16 frqs for simplex and repeater use, that Web page shown reads off which is simplex and which is a repeater.

When they are repeated a scanner might be able to hear them anywhere in the entire county, simplex range might be a couple of miles with a good antenna for your scanner.

NewbieScoobie said:
and these are non-repeated channels, or no? If not, what is the range for something like this? Are there other non-repeated channel?

NewbieScoobie

Mick,

Thank you for so gently pointing out that you had already given me all the info I could have wanted.

I am appreciative.

NS

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Of the conventional channels, 10-F is probably the most active. It's used by OCFA on calls down into the Camp Pendleton area and the lifeguards down in San Clemente and other areas along the beach where TRS coverage is poor. 10-F is a repeater located on Blackjack Peak on Catalina........

Status
Not open for further replies.