• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Question about LPE200 and Conventional Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPXS472

I have been programming Motorolas for years, but never any GE. I just acquired a couple of LPE200s, they haven't actually arrived yet, and naturally desired to do some programming. Some time ago, I managed to find a copy of what turned out to be "Conventional Programmer". I installed it today and decided to look around a bit to get familiar. One of the first things I saw was a "Radio"selection slider. There were a lot of different models listed there, but not the LPE200. I thought I read somewhere that LPE200s were programmed with "Programmer". Perhaps I have the wrong version. If I may, what is the correct version, and can it be obtained without actually purchasing it from Harris? If this is one of those cases where the software is only available from the manufacturer, I guess I will just put the radios in a box along with all the other GE stuff I have accumulated over the years that I didn't have the right stuff to program. These radios will be used for Amateur use only if even that. Most likely, after I have played with them for a while, they will get put on the shelf. I am currently only active on 900 MHz and there isn't much activity here, so basically, I am not on the air at all. I just like to fool with radios. I know that last part wasn't necessary, but I just wanted to explain that I won't be programming these to use on any commercial frequencies or selling them. I just want to tinker some.

DisasterGuy

Harris supports radios back to prior to the LPE (MPA, PCS, etc) with software. As such, yes you need to purchase it from Harris Software Services.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GM

Premium Subscriber
Look for the Prism/LPE model type radio in the radio selector section. They are similar models, and yes, you should be able to program LPE type radios with any version of Programmer.

WPXS472

After fooling around with the "Radio Maintenance"section a while, it looks like it is R17. That section does list the LPE, so it looks like the first thing I need to do is hook up the programming cable and try to read the radio. Thanks to those who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.